Another round of layoffs to hit ESPN on-air talent

newsbot

good that kenny mayne is coming back mainstream

I like Kenny Mayne and Steve Levy, and I also like SportsCenter:AM good way to get started with my day if I missed something from the previous night's SportsCenter (mainly SportsCenter from LA) then I can get caught up with it on SportsCenter AM, don't really care for Michael and Jemele, I can wait until the 7pm SportsCenter to get my simple Sports News and previews (which is what I like about the early-evening versions of SportsCenter during the week)

, don't really care for Michael and Jemele, I can wait until the 7pm SportsCenter to get my simple Sports News and previews (which is what I like about the early-evening versions of SportsCenter during the week)

lol and yet they fired jaymee sire why the deuce not Jemele.

I didn't realize this until yesterday, but the Monday-Saturday editions of Baseball Tonight were axed during the layoffs, and ESPN entered a contract to carry MLB Network's Intentional Talk as a replacement program. ESPN actually gets the first-run episodes at 4pm ET while MLB Network still airs it an hour later at 5pm ET.

Looks like ESPN would rather have someone else produce their daily baseball content for them while ESPN continues to focus only on football and basketball.

I didn't realize this until yesterday, but the Monday-Saturday editions of Baseball Tonight were axed during the layoffs, and ESPN entered a contract to carry MLB Network's Intentional Talk as a replacement program. ESPN actually gets the first-run episodes at 4pm ET while MLB Network still airs it an hour later at 5pm ET.

Looks like ESPN would rather have someone else produce their daily baseball content for them while ESPN continues to focus only on football and basketball.

No wonder on my YouTubeTV app had it listed 'intentional talk...espn', I was like 'huh? When did it move or when did YTTV added MLB Network'. threw me off right there.

Not sure how I feel about this one, but dammit, the show hasn't been the same without it.

"Are you ready for some football?"

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/hank-williams-jr-is-returning-to-monday-night-football/331252

Obama out of office, Hank Williams, Jr. back in office. Interesting.

Maybe they're trying to dissuade all of the critics claiming that ESPN is too liberal. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

It's a shame for all of the staff involved. SportsCenter continues to move away from highlights and continues to be more and more about talk and discussion. I understand why this happened (because of the theory that the internet made highlights obsolete), but I can't stand the current content that SportsCenter churns out. I haven't regularly watched SportsCenter since February.

I was surprised back in 2010 when ESPN flipped the format of ESPNNEWS so that SportsCenter would be on 24/7 on one network or another. That was the peak of SportsCenter coverage. It seems to be quickly falling apart now.

Archived