Another round of layoffs to hit ESPN on-air talent

newsbot

• 1 month later...

Just realizing this now.

Play-by-play announcer Allen Bestwick got cut too. He will still call the Indy 500 later this month.

And the NY Post posted this Thursday. SportsCenter anchor Sara Walsh, who came back from maternity leave after delivering twins earlier this year, found out that she was also on that list too.

As a NASCAR fan who watched both Dr. Jerry Punch and Allen Bestwick call the races for ESPN and ABC Sports (yes I said ABC Sports, it'll always be ABC Sports to me) from 2007-2014, ESPN had 2 really good announcers, hopefully Fox and NBC will pick both of them up for NASCAR coverage.

BTW who's going to call IndyCar races/Indianapolis 500 on ABC this season?

As a NASCAR fan who watched both Dr. Jerry Punch and Allen Bestwick call the races for ESPN and ABC Sports (yes I said ABC Sports, it'll always be ABC Sports to me) from 2007-2014, ESPN had 2 really good announcers, hopefully Fox and NBC will pick both of them up for NASCAR coverage.

BTW who's going to call IndyCar races/Indianapolis 500 on ABC this season?

As stated above, Bestwick will still call the Indy 500.

From what I've read it looks like ESPN is moving SportsCenter: AM to ESPN2 starting in January so I don't know if ESPN is placing SportsCenter on the backburner or what either way they're doing that

Oh and that SportsCenter:AM is expanding to every day, including weekends.

Archived