ABC Digital Feed Problem? (Hijacked?)

Ntropolis

Was anyone watching World News around 6:31 eastern time, particularly on the HD/digital feed? I flipped over to it, and it was really weird, there was a widescreen thing of color bars, a jumping happy face or something, and I noticed small text that said something like "let's see you color code this" in very small text. There was also music playing, like epic adventure music. It all makes me think it might have been hijacked or something. Did anybody else see this and was this an ABC problem or a local (WVEC) problem?

That's the ABC 720p test footage. If your station for some reason forgets to flip the switch, you get this. KDNL has missed it a few times, and treated viewers to upwards of 30 minutes of footage. It rotates over a period of 15 minutes, showing the trailer for Monster's Inc., NYC in the Summer (pre 9-11; the WTC is still present), and assorted test footage.

It's neat to look at.

• 3 months later...

Archived