Oprah joins 60 Minutes

NEOMatrix

It's been a while since she's done interviews (her interview with Michelle Obama notwithstanding) and even longer since she's done reporting. So hearing this news excites me. Her and 60 Minutes are a perfect fit. I can't wait for her reports in the fall (even if I have to wait half a year until then).

It's been a while since she's done interviews (her interview with Michelle Obama notwithstanding) and even longer since she's done reporting. So hearing this news excites me. Her and 60 Minutes are a perfect fit. I can't wait for her reports in the fall (even if I have to wait half a year until then).

Good for her.

She really shot herself in the ass when she dropped out of free-tv and ditched her core middle America viewers.

I really hope 60 Minutes and her can play it straight down the middle.

I know she was a trailblazer back before her talk show....

But I still take her with a grain of salt after all of the years of her being the "queen of daytime TV" and all of the hype and self-promotion that became of it.

It's almost like she's making her rounds again with her appearances on MTM's tribute, Tom Brokaw's anniversary special, and her Weight Watchers campaign / ownership stake (that alone is the biggest issue of all for someone going BACK into journalism, IMHO...)

It's almost like she's making her rounds again with her appearances on MTM's tribute, Tom Brokaw's anniversary special, and her Weight Watchers campaign / ownership stake (that alone is the biggest issue of all for someone going BACK into journalism, IMHO...)

Interesting commentary from Western Australia Today...

The writer thinks her comeback is doomed ..

http://www.watoday.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/news-and-current-affairs/will-oprah-winfrey-succeed-on-60-minutes-it-looks-dubious-20170201-gu33ax.html

Businesswoman Oprah Winfrey will join the US edition of 60 Minutes as a special contributor, CBS News has announced.

This marks a return to broadcast journalism for Winfrey. In the 1970s, she began her career as a radio and TV newsreader and repor

Archived