New Fox Sports graphics (2017 Edition?)

Viper550

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That and they didn’t want to confuse people on what they were watching.

Which I'm glad they did because I have local cable in my area and I get programing from:

Fox Sports Oklahoma

Fox Sports Southwest

Fox Sports Midwest

Fox Sports Kansas City

Having just the Fox Sports logo for when a sporting event isn't on that RSN helps out viewers like me who get different RSNs in my area.

Which I'm glad they did because I have local cable in my area and I get programing from:

Fox Sports Oklahoma

Fox Sports Southwest

Fox Sports Midwest

Fox Sports Kansas City

Having just the Fox Sports logo for when a sporting event isn't on that RSN helps out viewers like me who get different RSNs in my area.

That seems like a lot of Fox Sports channels exclusively for Oklahoma residents. I only have Fox Sports 1 and 2, considering New York and Massachusetts have their own sports channels for cable TV.

That seems like a lot of Fox Sports channels exclusively for Oklahoma residents. I only have Fox Sports 1 and 2, considering New York and Massachusetts have their own sports channels for cable TV.

Yes it is but this what happens when you have one part of Oklahoma who roots for the Dallas area pro teams (Cowboys/Rangers/Stars/Mavericks) and another who roots for the pro teams based in the state of Missouri (for the most part it's the Chiefs and the Cardinals)

Another factor of it is back in the 50s and 60s most Cardinals fans grew up listening to KMOX and at the time the Cardinals were our closest team in the state of Oklahoma (and it still is to this day) hence why most of Oklahoma gets Cardinals games

Yes it is but this what happens when you have one part of Oklahoma who roots for the Dallas area pro teams (Cowboys/Rangers/Stars/Mavericks) and another who roots for the pro teams based in the state of Missouri (for the most part it's the Chiefs and the Cardinals)

Well the state is both connected to Missouri and Texas. Plus they don't even have that much pro sport teams, aside from the Oklahoma City Thunder. Even with that, I don't think a lot of people seem keen with just rooting for the Thunder in Oklahoma.

Another factor of it is back in the 50s and 60s most Cardinals fans grew up listening to KMOX and at the time the Cardinals were our closest team in the state of Oklahoma (and it still is to this day) hence why most of Oklahoma gets Cardinals games

So Oklahoma is like southern Missouri, where many people root for the Cardinals (or Royals)?

Well the state is both connected to Missouri and Texas. Plus they don't even have that much pro sport teams, aside from the Oklahoma City Thunder. Even with that, I don't think a lot of people seem keen with just rooting for the Thunder in Oklahoma.

So Oklahoma is like southern Missouri, where many people root for the Cardinals (or Royals)?

I agree and I'm the same way as most Oklahomans I'm not keen on just rooting for the Oklahoma Sooners, Oklahoma State Cowboys or even the Oklahoma City Thunder for that matter and yes although not all of Oklahoma roots for the Cardinals here's the regions in which they root for these MLB teams:

Southern Oklahoma (Ark-La-Tex, Sherman-Ada and Wichita Falls-Lawton):

All root for the Texas Rangers

Western Oklahoma/Oklahoma Panhandle (West of U.S 81):

Roots for the Texas Rangers

Central Oklahoma and Eastern Oklahoma (OKC and Tulsa):

Split between the Texas Rangers and the St. Louis Cardinals (50-50 in the OKC area) while the Tulsa Metro area mostly roots for the Cardinals

Northern Oklahoma:

50-50 between the Kansas City Royals and the St. Louis Cardinals

Btw there is Royals mixed in there with the Rangers/Cardinals in Central and Eastern Oklahoma but it's mostly Rangers/Cardinals territory in that part of Oklahoma

I agree and I'm the same way as most Oklahomans I'm not keen on just rooting for the Oklahoma Sooners, Oklahoma State Cowboys or even the Oklahoma City Thunder for that matter and yes although not all of Oklahoma roots for the Cardinals here's the regions in which they root for these MLB teams:

Southern Oklahoma (Ark-La-Tex, Sherman-Ada and Wichita Falls-Lawton):

All root for the Texas Rangers

Western Oklahoma/Oklahoma Panhandle (West of U.S 81):

Roots for the Texas Rangers

Central Oklahoma and Eastern Oklahoma (OKC and Tulsa):

Split between the Texas Rangers and the St. Louis Cardinals (50-50 in the OKC area) while the Tulsa Metro area mostly roots for the Cardinals

Northern Oklahoma:

50-50 between the Kansas City Royals and the St. Louis Cardinals

Btw there is Royals mixed in there with the Rangers/Cardinals in Central and Eastern Oklahoma but it's mostly Rangers/Cardinals territory in that part of Oklahoma

That seems like a lot of Oklahomans who root for the Rangers. I thought it would be half Cardinals/half Rangers, but I guess people in Oklahoma like the spirit of Texas much more.

That seems like a lot of Oklahomans who root for the Rangers. I thought it would be half Cardinals/half Rangers, but I guess people in Oklahoma like the spirit of Texas much more.

I think OKC tends to be a little bit more Rangers but you can certainly find Cardinals gear in the OKC metro area, head up Interstate 44 to Tulsa and you may find Rangers and Royals gear here in there but for the most part it's all Birds On the Bat.

I think Tulsa tends to support the Missouri teams more than they do the Dallas teams while Oklahoma City tends to support the Dallas teams more than they do the Missouri teams. I live halfway between OKC and Tulsa so here I say it's 50-50 between supporting Dallas teams (minus the Mavericks) and the Missouri teams (mainly Chiefs and Cardinals)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thought we would get our first look at the new graphics for motorsports with the Monster Energy Supercross season opener last night. Unfortunately they decided to keep rolling with the old package.

Yeah, they tend to wait for NASCAR to launch new graphics. Last time graphics switched, I believe even the 24 Hours of Daytona kept the old graphics, and the new graphics launched with the first NASCAR practice session at Daytona in February.

• 1 month later...
And, unsurprisingly, this seems to be the case.

[MEDIA=twitter]962350687987359744[/MEDIA]

Plus we have an ARCA race earlier; that ended up showing off how awkward their vertical sidebar was, so hopefully they don't goof things up.

I think they just do the sidebar for qualifying.

And I was talking more about this silly thing that only lasted a few days or so.

[MEDIA=twitter]434448237806624769[/MEDIA]

Oh well they shouldn't do that with this graphics package. I think they learned not to mess things up after that incident lol.

Archived