New Fox Sports graphics (2017 Edition?)

Viper550

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the first time I can remember that MLB got the new graphics directly after the NFL got new graphics. The exception was in 2014 when NASCAR got the new graphics first, followed by MLB, followed by NFL. That was a weird year.

Other changes were:

NFL August 2003, MLB October 2004

NFL August 2006, MLB April 2008

NFL August 2010, MLB April 2011

As you can see, there's almost always been a long lag on MLB coverage getting the new graphics, the most atrocious being the LONG gap between 2006 and 2008. Glad to see Fox showing some love for the MLB postseason this year.

Somebody forgot to apply the new graphics to the StatCast system, or maybe they never got around to adapting the new graphics to StatCast yet.

dVsF33Xr.jpg

It’s just a new system. They’ll probably fix it by tomorrow in the next game of the Yankees vs. Indians ALDS.

This is the first time I can remember that MLB got the new graphics directly after the NFL got new graphics. The exception was in 2014 when NASCAR got the new graphics first, followed by MLB, followed by NFL. That was a weird year.

Other changes were:

As you can see, there's almost always been a long lag on MLB coverage getting the new graphics, the most atrocious being the LONG gap between 2006 and 2008. Glad to see Fox showing some love for the MLB postseason this year.

Like this look on MLB.

Who wants to make a wager they don't move the new GFX to the regional networks next year?

Other changes were:

There was one other time when NASCAR got new graphics first, followed by MLB and then NFL; that took place in 2001 when FOX discarded the score bug in favor of the top-screen banner that lasted through much of the 2000s.

Other changes were:

Fall of 2012 was the last time they changed at the same time. FOX debuted the horizontal version of the box for football and it appeared for the NLCS that year. It began the current FOX trend of going without team logos.

I only have two gripes about the color choices, but I otherwise love it. Even if translucent, I wish the pitcher/batter stack on the scoreboard was team-colored like the outgoing package, and while it might slot it too close to ESPN, I feel like the heavy white usage on the postgame show could have a plan in-game, too. Considering the playoffs are pretty much taking place after dark, the black elements were almost too much, unlike the NFL look that contrasts well against the daytime setting...if that makes any sense.

I have only one issue with the box itself. The pitch speed is only shown in the strike zone box (which is perfectly executed) and no longer displayed in the same "bar" as the pitcher and pitch count. That means that if a ball is put in play and the camera cuts away quickly, you won't see the pitch speed unless you caught it for the SPLIT second it was up. It doesn't really matter, and it's so minuscule but still. Also gone are the days of the fire after a 95+mph pitch. RIP

I have only one issue with the box itself. The pitch speed is only shown in the strike zone box (which is perfectly executed) and no longer displayed in the same "bar" as the pitcher and pitch count. That means that if a ball is put in play and the camera cuts away quickly, you won't see the pitch speed unless you caught it for the SPLIT second it was up. It doesn't really matter, and it's so minuscule but still. Also gone are the days of the fire after a 95+mph pitch. RIP

I did see the pitch speed in the pitch count bar a few times.

I don't like that they're using white to color in the bases, the gfx package is plain as it is, they don't need to lessen the colors.

Also, the batter line-score used to be same color as the team color, now it's black and clashes a bit with the pitch count.

Like I said previously, they need to really make a few tweaks and it will be a great package.

I saw in an earlier post that it was present in the bar and rewatched the beginning of the game. It was used sporadically and then it just wasn't used at all for the rest of the night based on highlights. Weird, but at least I saw that the fire lives on.

That was what interested me about MLB on Fox when I started watching it. It was special seeing that on the screen whenever somebody pitched a ball over 95 mph. Especially during the playoffs.

Like this look on MLB.

Who wants to make a wager they don't move the new GFX to the regional networks next year?

Considering they've made slight changes to team logo bugs, moved to the new ticker and are currently using the hockey and basketball versions of it on the FSNs, it's a safe bet it'll debut in March.

Also, at least so far during this afternoon's Boston/Houston game, the pitch speed is appearing on both the strike zone and the score bug on every pitch.

Considering they've made slight changes to team logo bugs, moved to the new ticker and are currently using the hockey and basketball versions of it on the FSNs, it's a safe bet it'll debut in March.

Also, at least so far during this afternoon's Boston/Houston game, the pitch speed is appearing on both the strike zone and the score bug on every pitch.

I guess they just wanted to put in the pitch speed within the strike zone so they wouldn’t spend a couple minutes going through the replays on pitches.

I don't like that they're using white to color in the bases, the gfx package is plain as it is, they don't need to lessen the colors.

Also, the batter line-score used to be same color as the team color, now it's black and clashes a bit with the pitch count.

Like I said previously, they need to really make a few tweaks and it will be a great package.

They have now switched the on-base color back to standard yellow.

FOX Sports Oklahoma finally replaced the "OKLAHOMA" wording underneath the Fox Sports logo with the logo of the Oklahoma City Thunder next to the Fox Sports logo

Well I think that's only for OKC Thunder games. It would be awkward putting in sports events that didn't have to deal with their NBA team.

Well I think that's only for OKC Thunder games. It would be awkward putting in sports events that didn't have to deal with their NBA team.

Which might explain why the Fox RSNs did away with using "FOX SPORTS (Regional Name)" on their on-screen bug during non-sporting events

Archived