KTTV Shakeup

ThatSowislander

So the set debuted this morning. There are some good videos on Araksya's InstaStories. She is in IG as @araksyakarapetyan. As I mentioned in an earlier post, KTTV has one large studio, so they built the new set in a corner of the studio. Their previous set is still in tact adjacent to the new set (you can see this on Araksya's IG Story). This is why they were never on a temporary set like most stations use when they are building a new set.

I am curious how they will re-purpose the old set and the space. It is actually in decent shape. Maybe they'll send it to WNYW? (sarcasm)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good for them, it’s a really nice looking space but is it seriously just a new desk and video monitor?

Yep that's pretty much it. As a matter of fact, they're now keeping the "old" set for morning show features and interviews. These people can't keep up their minds... it's so FOX.

Maybe Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch like KTTV a little bit more than WNYW...Just a little bit.

Or there may be some of those nagging problems that prevent major expansion in older TV stations.

Power issues...

Structural issues...

Plumbing issues...

Stuff that will cost a fortune to re-do.

You just might NOT be able to squeeze a KTTV news set into a WNYW box.

Walls...support beams...asbestos problems...

That stuff will stop a new larger, nicer solid state news set dead in it's tracks, because it will cost a fortune to design, permit and build.

KTTV has tons of room.

NYC don't have NO room.

Gotta be honest - I liked the old set better. It had depth. It was huge.

The whole “video wall is the entire set” idea is getting really old really fast.

I’d even be cool with a hybrid newsroom / video wall setup at this point but monitor banks are becoming the blue walls of the 90s. Ugh.

Yep that's pretty much it. As a matter of fact, they're now keeping the "old" set for morning show features and interviews. These people can't keep up their minds... it's so FOX.

Considering both the old and new sets were built by the same company (with the interview area getting a refresh along the way), it makes sense somewhat. http://jhdgroup.net/portfolio/fox-11-news-studio-la/

Archived