KTTV Shakeup

ThatSowislander

According to NewscastStudio the current set debuted in 2013.

So your telling me that KTTV has had three different sets since 2006 (including this brand new one coming) while WNYW is stuck in the same dogpile very old FOX O&O set from 2006?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KTTV's new set didn't debut at 5pm. Maybe 10pm? I have my DVR set, though as I will be asleep by then (4:30am alarm). Christine did a quick intro at the top of the newscast after they did a breaking story. Seems like a good catch. Christine has always been solid as well, hence her longevity with a bevy of co-anchors....John Beard (the best), Bob Donley, Carlos Amezcua and Laura Diaz. Dan is a local guy, so I am hoping he does well in his new role.

So your telling me that KTTV has had three different sets since 2006 (including this brand new one coming) while WNYW is stuck in the same dogpile very old FOX O&O set from 2006?

Everyone gets it! WNYW needs a set! Let's stop stating the obvious!

Side note: Based on previews, it looks like the KTTV set will be a variant of what KRIV and WOFL have.

Maybe the set is on the side where the old Good Day LA set used to be?

I only remember their studio housed 3 different sets back then when for FOX 11, UPN then My 13 and Good Day LA

They sure know how to use that studio space well.

Back when UPN 13/My 13 had the 11pm newcast, they didn't have a separate studio. They used the large KTTV video wall and made that their set. A small table/desk and two chairs served as their set. No need to have a separate studio for a 30min newscast.

If you look closely, you can see some of the "guts" of the old GDLA set in KTTV's studio. Sometimes when they have a wide shot or jib cam closing shots you can see it. If I recall correctly, the studio space is rather large so it might have not been used to full capacity.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder if they will keep their current as it looks good and is in fairly good shape. Their studio seems pretty massive from this perspective. They may use different sets for different shows. Anyone remember back in the day when KABC was still on the Prospect Lot? One set for the AM, 11:30am, 4 and 6pm news. The other set for 5pm and 11pm.

Wonder if they will keep their current as it looks good and is in fairly good shape. Their studio seems pretty massive from this perspective. They may use different sets for different shows. Anyone remember back in the day when KABC was still on the Prospect Lot? One set for the AM, 11:30am, 4 and 6pm news. The other set for 5pm and 11pm.

This has to be their first new set when they moved to Glendale (was that 1999?). One had the video wall & the other had the nighttime backdrop with the ABC 7 logo. But both news desks were adjacent to each other.

This has to be their first new set when they moved to Glendale (was that 1999?). One had the video wall & the other had the nighttime backdrop with the ABC 7 logo. But both news desks were adjacent to each other.

This shows the 2 sets at KABC in 1992

• 2 weeks later...

So let me get this straight...according to FTV, KTTV is looking to bring on Thomas Roberts as the co-anchor of Good Day LA. Nothing confirmed yet, but we know FTVLive's track record is pretty good. If that is the case, their anchor parings will look like this:

4:30-5am: Araksya and Elex

5-7am: Tony and Araksya

7-9am: Megan and Thomas

9-10am: Rita and Megan

10-10:30am: Marla and Bob

12pm-1pm: Marla and Bob

5pm and 10pm: Christine and Dan

Seems a little ridiculous to have that many anchors for the morning show. Does anyone know if someone is on their way out?

So let me get this straight...according to FTV, KTTV is looking to bring on Thomas Roberts as the co-anchor of Good Day LA. Nothing confirmed yet, but we know FTVLive's track record is pretty good. If that is the case, their anchor parings will look like this:

Seems a little ridiculous to have that many anchors for the morning show. Does anyone know if someone is on their way out?

That just seems like chaos. KTLA does their whole morning with only two anchor teams. And they're on for an hour longer!

Perhaps there is a news expansion in the works. Like 6pm, 11pm, or GDLA weekend? They could easily move Elex and Rita to a weekend GDLA, as it seems pointless to have them on for a half hour (Elex) and hour (Rita) only.

Doubtful. There was a weekend version of GDLA years back, and it failed miserably. Elex seems like his star is on the rise. I don't see him going to weekends. Rita just came back to LA from Houston. I don't see her doing weekends as well. KTLA's weekend show is from 6am-11am. Too long IMO, but it does well. The chemistry that Lynette, Chris and Liberte have is amazing. There's no way GDLA can compete with that.

I think we may be seeing FOX moving away from the "anchor" concept...more a typical newsreader.

FOX likes to diddle and tweak...

KTVU has been moving anchors around for the last year...just to see what works. Because they can afford to dinker.

KTTV is pprobably doing the same in the sense that they CAN afford to move people around until they find that "sweet spot" that works in the various slots.

Get some pseudo hungry "anchors" from other markets...and let them fight it out for the desired spots. I bet Dan must be thrilled about Roberts.(NOT)

Typical FOX operating procedure is to let them ( the so-called talent) fight it out themselves in the newsroom and in the parking lot.

It's SoooFOX.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived