KTTV Shakeup

ThatSowislander

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Former Member 207

I'll miss Lisa Breck (what they sometimes referred to as on GDLA and the Morning News)...I think she'll end up on 5 (maybe the most likely place IMO), but it wouldn't surprise me if 2/9, 4, or 7 come calling.

Maria Sansone, on the other hand, never really had good chemistry with Steve Edwards, and after her pregnancy she was relegated to a lesser role.

• 8 months later...

I'm bumping this thread to avoid making a new thread. Its not a new shake up. But an interesting fill-in this morning.

KRIV Fox 26's morning anchor Rita Garcia is anchoring Good Day LA.

Now they can't find anyone else "in-house" to fill-in?

I'm bumping this thread to avoid making a new thread. Its not a new shake up. But an interesting fill-in this morning.

KRIV Fox 26's morning anchor Rita Garcia is anchoring Good Day LA.

Now they can't find anyone else "in-house" to fill-in?

If they could have her fill-in via Skype they would.

I noticed they moved Dan Springer down to Las Vegas to replace Claudia...who was filling in for all the L.A. folks that were shuffled elsewhere over the last few months.

Plus on top of that...

There are probably a boatload of regulars out working on sweeps pieces for Nov.

FOX/FNC does NOT have a deep bench to call up. People need breaks and vacations...and most of those vacations were shot to hell covering hurricanes and finally Las Vegas.

EDIT: ...and Ca Fires...TBC

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Should mention that Elex will only anchor from 4:30-5 then report the rest of the morning. Tony McEwing will continue to anchor from 5-7 and at 10 am.

Isn't Tony anchoring 7-9, too? Also, anytime I've peeked in, lately, Bob DeCastro has been anchoring at 10 and noon. So, what is the true schedule?

Isn't Tony anchoring 7-9, too? Also, anytime I've peeked in, lately, Bob DeCastro has been anchoring at 10 and noon. So, what is the true schedule?

This is before Elex...

4:30-7am - Araksya & Tony

7-10am - Megan & Rita

10-10:30am - Marla & Tony

12-1pm - Marla & Bob

I don't get why they're giving Elex only the 4:30 half hour, unless Tony is on his way out soon.......

• 2 weeks later...
New promo and studio set! Hopefully they debut the new studio set Monday!

Everyone is getting a new set except for WNYW hahaha. KTTV set did needed a refresh because the set they got aged badly! Did they build this current set in 2010/2012 or was it a different year??

Everyone is getting a new set except for WNYW hahaha. KTTV set did needed a refresh because the set they got aged badly! Did they build this current set in 2010/2012 or was it a different year??

Wow I didn't think their current set was that old. Hell, give it to WNYW, it would be an improvement.

It's unfair stations like KTTV suck up all the resources among other stations getting a morning or a night set unless there paying for it with their own money 2nd set in 4 an a half years. WNYW continues to be neglected. Hey well at least WFLD has a new set their set looks the best to me it should win an award next year.

This may just be a evening space with a stand-up location. KTTV ratings aren't special enough to have two separate sets. Or the kitchen sink thrown in on one new set. Even though FLD hot a beautiful new set they had the set in a can before so it was time for a major upgrade.

Maybe the set is on the side where the old Good Day LA set used to be?

I only remember their studio housed 3 different sets back then when for FOX 11, UPN then My 13 and Good Day LA

They sure know how to use that studio space well.

Archived