The new "Enforcer V.2"

newsn8te

Warner Chappel/Gari Music just released the updates to the Enforcer which is titled CBS Enforcer v.2. Both of the Enforcer packages are now available to stations of any affilation, not just CBS.

Here's a link to the demo. http://www.warnerchappellpm.com/cbs-enforcer-news-music-package/

I've seen where some say the new package sounds more "615ish" rather than Gari. Personally I like the update and cant wait to see more stations pick it up. What do you think about it?

*Sounds* 615?

That IS 615!! It's the only reasonable explanation since Gari traditionally A) Doesn't release updates as V2s etc and B) Doesn't make 30 mixouts of the same theme.

Only possible exception may be that first primary theme. But otherwise, my goodness, they finally covered the I Love Chicago sig!

Before I go and check it out, I'm going to be cheeky and a wise-ass :D bet there will be 10 to 14 themes and a 1000 cuts meaning craploads of useless mixouts and less variety than Gari used to provide. Also wonder they'll also charge stations more to have V1 and V2 since the original package is over the top large.

I'll come back and edit/eat my words if I'm way wrong over the guess of the theme and cut amounts haaa

EDIT: really? 5 themes and 150 cuts?? lol shocking that it's not at least 500 cuts where they could have 100 mixouts per theme and beat Arnold's record for the most mixouts ever :D

Before I go and check it out, I'm going to be cheeky and a wise-ass :D bet there will be 10 to 14 themes and a 1000 cuts meaning craploads of useless mixouts and less variety than Gari used to provide. Also wonder they'll also charge stations more to have V1 and V2 since the original package is over the top large.

I'll come back and edit/eat my words if I'm way wrong over the guess of the theme and cut amounts haaaa

Haha!!!!!! You won't need to edit this after you're done listening. You're 100% right!!

That new set is so blatantly from the guys at 615 it's incredible. The instrumentation is a dead match. It's actually not that bad, but I'll bet this'll make a royal mess for the NMSA. :p

re: cut/mixouts - yeah, I think not having to do a lot of station-side editing is the entire point. There's a lot of room for error when that comes in, as can be seen in plenty of older opens...

re: cut/mixouts - yeah, I think not having to do a lot of station-side editing is the entire point. There's a lot of room for error when that comes in, as can be seen in plenty of older opens...

I totally get the need for some mixouts. Maybe I'm in the minority, but there has to be a balance between Gari's average mixout style and others like Arnold. The one bad thing that happens is that the packages have far less variety and theme variations because of too many mixes that all sound the same, minus an instrument. So all in all, if they found a happy medium somewhere between Gari and Arnold's approach and ALSO offered alternate cuts, segment/franchise opens and specialty cuts, then the packages would be far more effective and well-rounded!

Guessing there's a race to see who can create the first 2000+ cut package that will probably have LESS than 20 themes, with no specialty segment/franchise openers or package variety. If Gari had ever made a package using that crazy mixout structure, then his packages would have probably been 3000-5000 cuts. Ridiculous!

I wonder if KCRG was grandfathered in until now?

I recall a handful of stations that were grandfathered in, when that package initially became exclusive to CBS O&O's and affiliates only. At least as of 2006, they stopped offering it to non-CBS affiliates. That's interesting that Warner-Chappell has opened it back up to anyone to use. If that's the case, one would think they would have simply renamed the package "The Enforcer" .... perhaps they'll start promoting it to all of their existing clients as an option, as I would guess there's a few stations out there that have wanted to use the collection, but couldn't due to the restrictions.

And that first theme was the one WCBS and KCBS used initially and then kind of went back to V.4

WCBS still use V.2 as the bumper, while KTVT uses it for the 10pm open.

Warner Chappel/Gari Music just released the updates to the Enforcer which is titled CBS Enforcer v.2. Both of the Enforcer packages are now available to stations of any affilation, not just CBS.

Don't forget KRIV created a third version of the Enforcer in 2001, and two notable non CBS stations that used Enforcer was KCRG and WVIT.

Those were both from before the package became CBS exclusive.

Is it still CBS exclusive?

To quote the website: "Originally created for the CBS O&Os, Enforcer is now available for any station on a market-exclusive basis. "

Jim

Imagine McDonald's buying Subway and giving you a BigMac when you ask for a footlong... That's what this is.

But at the same time, this could be said for when they licensed News in Focus from John Hegner and placed it in with the rest of the (then) CBS Enforcer News Music Collection. That ended up being a terrible mix of News in Focus and Flagship in many cases. I think the only difference this time is that we KNOW that the project is being worked on by multiple teams, as opposed to someone adding an existing theme to their collection.

In fact, I know that 615/WCPM was doing the licensing work for Shelly Palmer's stuff... I wonder if that'll end up getting thrown into Enforcer as well as a couple bonus CDs.

Is it still CBS exclusive?

To quote the website: "Originally created for the CBS O&Os, Enforcer is now available for any station on a market-exclusive basis. "

Jim

Would that include any station in Baltimore or would the CBS O&O contract cover WJZ even if it's not used?

Would that include any station in Baltimore or would the CBS O&O contract cover WJZ even if it's not used?

Most likely the contract covered all CBS O&O's and likely WJZ has had the package sitting on a shelf and the ability to download cuts and updates online since the O&O contract began, regardless of the fact that Chroma Cues continues.

Speaking of affiliate-exclusive packages, is the "ABC News Collection", also know as Eyewitness News still only available for ABC affiliates or can other stations use it too? The non-ABC affiliate that's most rencently used its is KPLC (NBC), but they only used the older themes, nothing new generation.

Speaking of affiliate-exclusive packages, is the "ABC News Collection", also know as Eyewitness News still only available for ABC affiliates or can other stations use it too? The non-ABC affiliate that's most rencently used its is KPLC (NBC), but they only used the older themes, nothing new generation.

As far as I know, the eyewitness package was always available to non-ABC affiliates, at least it was as of 2006-07ish when Kim Gari told me that it was available to my NBC affiliated station, but that Enforcer was no longer available, besides the handful of non-CBS stations that were already using it.

Archived