From the Heartland...

TheRolyPoly

• 2 months later...

RIP FortWayneHompage.net, WFFT has the Heartland website and now uses wfft.com as their web address (thank god).

KQTV now has the Heartland website but (as of now) continues to use StJoeChannel.com as their web address

KIMT also has the Heartland website.

With that all of the stations from the Media General/Nexstar purchase have been converted

Heartland is an interesting station group. They are growing, and they claim to not be selling. Either they're lying, or they're late to the party. They've picked up some nice stations, but they seem to be trying to run them on the cheap. Should be interesting to see what they end up doing with them. The fact that they at least have a website up and running now and are buying more stations seems to imply that they do want to grow in earnest.

Also, since this is TVNT, and we can't ever not talk about graphics on here, I do enjoy the KYW-KTLA Hothaus graphics mashup that many of their stations use. It's so dated by this point that it's almost quaint.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

WAAY has a new logo, but is still using the same graphics. it kinda looks like WWAY's logo.

Also Heartland appears to have new websites as all stations but KEZI have the new layout.

Also KQTV has dropped the Nexstar era StJoeChannel.com url, it is now simply kq2.com

WAAY has a new logo, but is still using the same graphics. it kinda looks like WWAY's logo.

Also Heartland appears to have new websites as all stations but KEZI have the new layout.

Also KQTV has dropped the Nexstar era StJoeChannel.com url, it is now simply kq2.com

You mean WWAY's old logo? And the layout looks actually nice.

WAAY's new logo. The old one was definitely better.

IMG_3443.thumb.jpg.e938ea1bdef462b3e66f836a9aaed10f.jpg

Kind of reminds me of sister station, WTHI's logo.

IMG_3445.thumb.JPG.aa8d8d0760de6f279a71dcee98d5fdef.JPG

Speaking of WTHI, they're now slowing changing their slogan from "Leading the Way" to "Coverage you can Count On"

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It's been a year since this thread was active but I'm bringing it back up because of this...

Allen Media (a.k.a. Byron Allen) is buying Heartland's 11 of 13 stations for $290 million.

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/top-news/239568/byron-allen-buying-11-stations-for-290m/

EDIT: I thought it would be its entire station portfolio. However, KQTV is being sold to NPG while WKTV would be the only one left under Heartland's belt.

Archived