WDJT Changes

MilwaukeeMan

Hey Brockman,

I learned there are a few (2-3) people here that love to "Bait 'n Cry"...

The same few folks are running multiple ID's at one time for whatever reason.

It would be a non-stop game of "wack a mole" for the admins if they had to chase all of them down.

I was never a fan of the "ignore" feature...but after a while dealing with the same moron, was taking the fun out of my daily ( 0k...hourly) visits here.

I have

begun to hit ignore on a few of those problem children...for me it's been a joy not to even see those post from those master "baiters".

Wait, you hit ignore on me Eat. My feelings are hurt. :(

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're right. I should have done something about this ages ago. So, both of you, consider this a final warning. We get it. You're both on the opposite side of the fence in regards to Ms. Cormack. I, personally, don't see how you can take an extreme on either side. Who cares how she pronounced her name? There's several on-air talent in the Milwaukee market that don't even use their real names...

I don't think she was a detriment to their news product. She was very good at doing feature stories. The problem WDJT has (and has always had) is their content. They have yet to shake the "low budget" vibe that they've had since the beginning. Clearly, fancy graphics (even if it is the previous CBS O&O look) and a sparkly set (with or without the modification that brought the old, repainted FX Group desk back) are not helping. Unfortunately, the entire industry seems to be heading towards the same business model WDJT has had for years, so I doubt it's going to get much better.

Luckily, some of the other stations in the market (namely WTMJ) seem to be in a race to out-low-budget WDJT. Maybe that will work to WDJT's advantage.

I could see Michele on WITI, I think she'd be a good fit for their product. I would assume she'll pop back up on TV somewhere eventually...

And now this..https://jsonl.in/2OAmaqe

WDJT misidentifies candidate as crash victims yikes!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank goodness. Something about McCormack always rubbed me the wrong way.

What exactly? The attention to detail? The ability to ad lib without saying something stupid? Or the fact that she would continually pitch in. Shoot . Edit. Not just a promoter reader. What exactly rubbed you the wrong way?

• 3 weeks later...

It's unfortunate that anyone has to lose their job over something as absurd as ratings, being that it is such a flawed metric that hasn't really kept up with the times, but what else would you do if you were in station management's place? Ratings have been essentially stagnant at the station for years. Maybe Michele maybe didn't hurt those numbers, but I don't see a valid argument that she helped. It was time for a change and maybe Bill and Kate aren't the answer, but Michele was never going to provide the sustainable growth they need.

It's unfortunate that anyone has to lose their job over something as absurd as ratings, being that it is such a flawed metric that hasn't really kept up with the times, but what else would you do if you were in station management's place? Ratings have been essentially stagnant at the station for years. Maybe Michele maybe didn't hurt those numbers, but I don't see a valid argument that she helped. It was time for a change and maybe Bill and Kate aren't the answer, but Michele was never going to provide the sustainable growth they need.

Really so a 1.4 at 10 and .6 at 5 isn’t of value? Okay. That’s your assessment. But losing at 4 pm with the switch also happened. And would CBS 58 have aired the smear story of the lady cop who was cleared of child abuse BEFORE the story aired, but an unintelligent editorial staff cleared for air based on an outdated warrant. It’ll all come out when they’re sued. And I state my name on the record unlike you tv types that hide behind nicknames.

CBS 58 has apparently demoted long time evening anchor Michelle McCormack to the 12 and 4pm show. Morning News anchor Kate Chappell is now at 5 and 10pm. Seems quite young to do evening in a mid major market no?

Yeah you don’t seem to be into journalism. Before you try to attack someone, you should give details. Ya know, substantiate why you would assassinate somebody’s character, anonymously, on an industry website. And you single her out. You do it with no others. FYI there are many in Milwaukee who respect her, trust her and feel local news is worse in her absence. And the name I use here is mine. As a current investigative assistant for a law firm, I can tell you she was among the best. It’s a shame.

Thank goodness. Something about McCormack always rubbed me the wrong way.

Yeah you don’t seem to be into journalism. FYI there are a lot of people who trust her, respected her and think local news is worse in her absence . And my name is my own. I have not concealed my identity and NEVER would use an alias to assail a person on an industry website. You have singled this woman out. It is wrong.

Never have been a fan of her.

Michele has a lot of fans. It’s wrong that this website allows her to be singled out and trashed by anonymous people like you. My name is my own. I make no bones about the fact that I now investigate news stories for a law firm when clients seek retractions. Never had to do it with her stories. But her colleagues keep me busy.

Michele has a lot of fans. It’s wrong that this website allows her to be singled out and trashed by anonymous people like you. My name is my own. I make no bones about the fact that I now investigate news stories for a law firm when clients seek retractions. Never had to do it with her stories. But her colleagues keep me busy.

It sounds like you have a very exciting job as a "news retraction story investigator".

I always wanted to be an NRSI, but the regulations and requirements are very strict.

Does your phone just go crazy with people demanding retractions all day and night?

Who is your biggest offender?

Have you ever investigated bad weathercasters or lying traffic reporters?

Is it easy to get stations to retract stories once you get on the case?

Sometimes I play with my food before I eat it.

Thanks for sharing mate.

It sounds like you have a very exciting job as a "news retraction story investigator".

I always wanted to be an NRSI, but the regulations and requirements are very strict.

Does your phone just go crazy with people demanding retractions all day and night?

Who is your biggest offender?

Have you ever investigated bad weathercasters or lying traffic reporters?

Is it easy to get stations to retract stories once you get on the case?

Sometimes I play with my food before I eat it.

Thanks for sharing mate.

Cute. Changing the subject is a great way to avoid supporting your position. And CBS 58 has refused to retract. Hmmm anybody remember when they killed Mandela Barnes before the election. He had to issue the correction. See that? No perceived snarky retort. Just another fact for my supposition. That’s how it works in the adult world. Did you even note that I used supposition. You never present yourself as an expert. Good luck at the Emmy awards

Looks like she is going the way of Paul Pi and McGinnis...always thought she was a better fit for mornings anyway (used to watch her with Mike Strehlow) The station has lost what little momentum it had going for it (content-wise) in the last few years. Prettying the set and graphics in most cases doesn't work unlike what they think.

Yes. Lied to, hazed, and then sued.

I am going to make a call and lock this thread. It's gone off the rails and is doing far more harm than good.

I've also removed some content that has no place being linked to here and is on a website that has been known to coordinate harassment against other communities, and I've banned John Andryczak.

For future discussion of station goings-on at WDJT, use Out and About.

Archived