Megyn Kelly Leaving FNC for NBC News

alex979

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's official. She's taking over the 9:00am timeslot from Today and it won't even be Today-branded. Effectively, "Today's Take" will be cancelled.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/programming/megyn-kellys-nbc-daytime-show-replace-third-hour-today/162179

How odd 2 hours of today Megyn at 9 Yoda & Kathy Lee at 10. Why not just move them to 9 give Megyn 10.

It's official. She's taking over the 9:00am timeslot from Today and it won't even be Today-branded. Effectively, "Today's Take" will be cancelled.

Well, I'm content enough to admit it...I was half wrong.

But I'll even admit, I didn't at all see the name change coming. I thought of something like "Today with Megyn Kelly".

How odd 2 hours of today Megyn at 9 Yoda & Kathy Lee at 10. Why not just move them to 9 give Megyn 10.

I know right? Wait--Yoda?? More entertaining, it would have been.

Like I said earlier, drinking wine at 9am wouldn't look good for NBC. It's much safer for them to be drinking wine at 10am instead :p:rolleyes:o_O:D;)

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/programming/megyn-kellys-nbc-daytime-show-replace-third-hour-today/162179

Guess we'll be seeing the clash of the Kelly's here soon.

Get it? NBC Kelly vs. ABC Kelly? Both shows (typically) airing at 9am?

OK, I'm leaving again.

Well, that's it for me making uncharacteristically bold predictions for a while. I guess if it's supposed to be at least half of a news show, it makes sense to put it in a slot that 99% of affiliates take live or at the same time. I just don't know why they didn't just announce this in the release yesterday, but whatever.

Keep in mind it's not official yet. The way she reiterated that she wanted to taker her kids to school just won't gel with a show going out at 9AM. Unless her children in elementary school start at 6 or 7.

Keep in mind it's not official yet. The way she reiterated that she wanted to taker her kids to school just won't gel with a show going out at 9AM. Unless her children in elementary school start at 6 or 7.

But this way she gets to be with her kids for dinner. Something she couldn't do with The Kelly File

I think Tom iLahren would be the best replacement for Megyn Kelly

Tomi Lahren would fit Fox's requirements for the time slot like a glove:

1) Be a blonde

2) Be visually appealing

3) Be able to spew out inflammatory rhetoric

4) Hold disdain for half of the general population

That doesn't make her the best replacement, though. Sheppard Smith hosting a two-hour news block in place of Megyn and Hannity would be the best replacement. But that's why I'm not running a 24-hour cable news channel...

The New York Times just posted that Tucker Carlson will take over Megyn Kelly's 9pm slot on FNC.

Not surprising, given how well he has been doing in the ratings at 7pm for the past 2 months. Martha MacCallum takes 7pm and Shannon Bream takes over her duties on America's Newsroom.

http://www.thewrap.com/tucker-carlson-take-megyn-kellys-time-slot-fox-news-report/

Not surprising, given how well he has been doing in the ratings at 7pm for the past 2 months. Martha MacCallum takes 7pm and Shannon Bream takes over her duties on America's Newsroom.

http://www.thewrap.com/tucker-carlson-take-megyn-kellys-time-slot-fox-news-report/

At least I got that uncharacteristically bold prediction right!

That happened two years ago.

The New York Times just posted that Tucker Carlson will take over Megyn Kelly's 9pm slot on FNC.

Oh goody, another tone-deaf old, angry male WASP to go with fellow tone-deaf old, angry male WASPs O'Really and Hannity.

Fox will dominate the 65-dead demos like never before.

Archived