Megyn Kelly Leaving FNC for NBC News

alex979

I also agree on cancelling Today's Take for Kelly, especially after what happened to the "How about a little hug for the Bushy" guy. Push KLG and Hoda back an hour and Kelly has a perfect slot before the local news. (KLG and Hoda is pretty much Take with wine already. And is much more entertaining.)

Also...whomever thought the network would cancel Days of Our Lives for Kelly, a news personality that already isn't very well liked, really doesn't know of the fan base DOOL and of Soap Operas in general--and how furious they'll be even if the thought of it ever comes up. It's like ABC axing General Hospital or CBS cancelling Young and the Restless -- something humanly (and even scientifically) impossible to do.

Forgive me but can't KLG and Hoda get a show that's not under the NBC News Umbrella???? Ive seen the end of their shows this year as I'm now home for lunch and the noon news It just doesn't look like NBC News to me What would Lester think?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also agree on cancelling Today's Take for Kelly, especially after what happened to the "How about a little hug for the Bushy" guy. Push KLG and Hoda back an hour and Kelly has a perfect slot before the local news. (KLG and Hoda is pretty much Take with wine already. And is much more entertaining.)

Also...whomever thought the network would cancel Days of Our Lives for Kelly, a news personality that already isn't very well liked, really doesn't know of the fan base DOOL and of Soap Operas in general--and how furious they'll be even if the thought of it ever comes up. It's like ABC axing General Hospital or CBS cancelling Young and the Restless -- something humanly (and even scientifically) impossible to do.

They can't push Hoda and Kathy lee back an hour. drinking wine at 9am would be a bad look :rolleyes::p

Forgive me but can't KLG and Hoda get a show that's not under the NBC News Umbrella???? Ive seen the end of their shows this year as I'm now home for lunch and the noon news It just doesn't look like NBC News to me What would Lester think?

They could (and they do occasionally), but they show they have now is already successful, and the network wouldn't want to change what isn't broken. Maybe change the show's production holder from the news division to the entertainment division could work and no one would notice, but that's the best would-be solution I can think.

Oh and forgive me, but does KLG and Hoda air at 11 where you are? Cause where I live, when they end, it's still morning.

They can't push Hoda and Kathy lee back an hour. drinking wine at 9am would be a bad look :rolleyes::p

And drinking at 10am is?? lol

They could (and they do occasionally), but they show they have now is already successful, and the network wouldn't want to change what isn't broken. Maybe change the show's production holder from the news division to the entertainment division could work and no one would notice, but that's the best would-be solution I can think.

Oh and forgive me, but does KLG and Hoda air at 11 where you are? Cause where I live, when they end, it's still morning.

And drinking at 10am is?? lol

That would make more sense considering what they cover and how they end the show on

Tues

• :rolleyes: I just hope they don't discredit NBC News in any way.

And yes, it's at 11 since WTMJ has Morning Blend at 9AM and then the rest of TODAY.

Actually, Steve Harvey's show is getting the boot after this season. He's ending production of it.

I wonder if the O&O's and larger market NBC affils that carried Steve Harvey's show will carry Kelly's?

Harvey's debuting a new show from Los Angeles next season, that is just about a lock to retain the NBC O&O time slots.

Actually, Steve Harvey's show is getting the boot after this season. He's ending production of it.

I wonder if the O&O's and larger market NBC affils that carried Steve Harvey's show will carry Kelly's?

From what has been reported, Megan's show will be an NBC network show, thus it won't be syndicated. As such, the network has to eliminate a program from its current schedule.

So? GL, OLTL, AMC, Passions and others have been cancelled by their networks over the paat 10-15 years. They can do it if they please and despite the fan bases, networks would just simply move on because its 2017 and soaps are no longer relevant.

(I'm biased because I hate Soap Operas. Period.)

So? Yeah, it happens sadly; but that's because they didn't have GH, DOOL or Y&R's ratings or revenue. I can understand that. And if soap operas aren't relevant, then why are four still on the air??

(and yeah, I'm biased because I like Soap Operas. Period.)

So? Yeah, it happens sadly; but that's because they didn't have GH, DOOL or Y&R's ratings or revenue. I can understand that. And if soap operas aren't relevant, then why are four still on the air??

(and yeah, I'm biased because I like Soap Operas. Period.)

Too shay. Very clever. ;):p

I'm going to go on an uncharacteristically bold prediction and say that all the tea leaves point to Days of our Lives being put out to pasture. Why? If Megyn were joining or taking over part of the Today show empire, the press release would have easily said so. It says nothing about the show being syndicated or banished to MSNBC, not that they would voluntarily banish an eight-figure salary talent there anyway. Asking affiliates for an hour back for network now is likely out of the question. Days of our Lives was renewed last February for one year only. I think the other shoe will drop in another press release about a month from now.

Outside of that stable of female hosts, I'm calling my shot and saying that Fox will hire Tomi Lahren for the 9pm slot.

Tomi, currently under Glenn Beck's payroll, makes Megyn Kelly look like a bleeding heart by comparison.

I'm going to go on an uncharacteristically bold prediction and say that all the tea leaves point to Days of our Lives being put out to pasture. Why? If Megyn were joining or taking over part of the Today show empire, the press release would have easily said so. It says nothing about the show being syndicated or banished to MSNBC, not that they would voluntarily banish an eight-figure salary talent there anyway. Asking affiliates for an hour back for network now is likely out of the question. Days of our Lives was renewed last February for one year only. I think the other shoe will drop in another press release about a month from now.

By the same token, Megyn could take over a reconstituted form of Today's 4th hour and use that platform to try to rehab her image among those who hate Fox News (while straightening out the host shuffling post-Billy Bush).

The thing is that they may not want her to have anything to do with Today, for if she bombs at NBC, then it won't drag the Today franchise down. One media site speculated that NBC might be hesitant to mess/touch the Today brand when it is doing well and making them a lot of money.

One thing she mentioned that she wanted to be able to see her kids off to school and be home for dinner. She wouldn't be able to do those hours at Today (I think KLG and Honda are in at 6ish). But a show that would go out at 12 or 1PM would be doable. Making it sound like Days would be cancelled.

I imagine that Days will be missed by the 2 million fans who tune in. But they're last in the ratings. If NBC cares about saving it they could use it to prop up of the sagging Oxygen and it could easily fit in on E! or Bravo.

I wonder if the handful of NBC stations (WBAL, WYFF, KSBW, KCRA... wait it seems like a ton of Hearst stations are the preempters) preempt the fourth hour of Today will decide to clear this new show (if they can)

I have to admit that your prediction is probably right. Today is monstrously profitable; why mess with that? The only reason GMA isn't four hours is because they have Live with Kelly and The View. The affiliates will raise Leno-esque hell if they try to seize an hour back. Days is on the chopping block, I have to admit.

By the same token, Megyn could take over a reconstituted form of Today's 4th hour and use that platform to try to rehab her image among those who hate Fox News (while straightening out the host shuffling post-Billy Bush).

Why would they rehab it? If anything, they'd embrace more of a Fox News like approach given the way attitudes towards the media are these days. After everyone completely screwed up the election polling, I can see them trying to "get more in touch" with the general populace.

Well, if/when Days goes for Kelly, I'll be content enough to admit I was wrong. I do get sad when a show I like ends, but I don't get overly furious like other people do. I'd like for Kelly to succeed at her new workplace, but I admit not at the expense of Days.

As much as I wish it didn't happen, Shep Smith was taken out of primetime a long time ago and therefore won't be put back there.

My guess is the slot goes to a woman. Every cable network has to have at least one in primetime, and it would be bad optics for Fox if they were to replace two women with two men in primetime, especially considering the mess they went through this year. The shortlist in my book includes Martha MacCallum, Shannon Bream, Dana Perino, Martha MacCallum, Jenna Lee, and Martha MacCallum. Not sure whether they'd pull anyone from Outnumbered.

The thing is that they may not want her to have anything to do with Today, for if she bombs at NBC, then it won't drag the Today franchise down. One media site speculated that NBC might be hesitant to mess/touch the Today brand when it is doing well and making them a lot of money.

That is true, especially after the Ann Curry debacle.

writer argues that Kelly is making a big mistake

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/megyn-kellys-big-mistake-214595

I think the writer's example was a poorly chosen one. Yes, she didn't find much success as an evening news anchor, but Walters still went onto a long and very successful career at ABC with 20/20, Barbara Walters Presents, The View, and other shows.

A better, more current, and more relevant example would have been Josh Elliot leaving Good Morning America for NBC Sports. It was obvious, particularly after the fact, that NBC acquired Elliot solely as a tactical move against GMA, and had no real need or interest of his services at NBC Sports.

Sam Champion leaving GMA for The Weather Channel was a similar cautionary tale.

Archived