Megyn Kelly Leaving FNC for NBC News

alex979

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Breaking news:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/breaking-megyn-kelly-said-to-be-leaving-fox-moving-to-nbc-news/

[MEDIA=twitter]816337585056387076[/MEDIA]

Let the speculation begin...

Just curious. Does anyone else think Megyn Kelly will be happy to jump from being the highest profile host/anchor on FOX News to being a panelist and daytime talk-show host on NBC UNLESS she has an agreement in her contract to be the next anchor of NBC Nightly News as soon as Lester Holt steps aside?

I can't see her settling for what was mentioned in the Twitter link on a long-term basis.

Hmmm.... where will her show fit in on the NBC O&Os.

7-11am: TODAY

11am-12noon: Local News

12noon-1pm: DOOL or AHL

1pm-2pm: AHL or DOOL

2pm: Steve Harvey

3pm: Ellen

4pm: Local News

Will AHL or DOOL get the boot?

I wonder if this new daytime show will be more a la The View or more like Kelly File but on network tv? Also, it doesn't mention her daytime show being syndicated, so i'm assuming one of NBC's daytime shows will get the boot.

And, could we see Megyn become Lester's primary fill-in?

Gotta suck to be Brian Williams at this point, I'd think. If he had any hope that his "long road to redemption" would take him back to the network at any point in the future, I think those dreams were just dashed.

Hmmm.... where will her show fit in on the NBC O&Os.

7-11am: TODAY

11am-12noon: Local News

12noon-1pm: DOOL or AHL

1pm-2pm: AHL or DOOL

2pm: Steve Harvey

3pm: Ellen

4pm: Local News

Will AHL or DOOL get the boot?

I was thinking she might replace Today's Take...

I'm kind of skeptical about an afternoon news/talk show. It didn't go too well for Katie Couric or Meredith Viera.

I was thinking she might replace Today's Take...

I'm kind of skeptical about an afternoon news/talk show. It didn't go too well for Katie Couric or Meredith Viera.

I see her replacing the third hour too. Plus I'd like her new Sunday program to be something similar to on assignment. It would be a great permanent addition.

Gotta suck to be Brian Williams at this point, I'd think. If he had any hope that his "long road to redemption" would take him back to the network at any point in the future, I think those dreams were just dashed.

Seriously, I would say he himself pretty much knew that he had no future at NBC. Compared to others who have been dismissed by a network for less horrendous things, he is lucky that he has friends in high places that would offer a cable news network gig.

Why would "Today's Take" be cancelled instead of Days of out Lives instead?

One: Soap fans will hate Megan Kelly/NBC

Two: daytime needs variety, would NBC seriously consider an all-talk lineup?

Three: we all know that Take has no clear identity with the host shuffling.

Days of Our Lives was renewed earlier this year so I don't think it's going anywhere... Today's Take has been basically dead since the Billy Bush thing happened... I can see them move KLG and Hoda to 9am and put Megyn Kelly's show either right after or sometime later in the day.

If only they'd revive Concentration- someone at NBC seems to have a grudge against it, as they not only cancelled it in 1993 instead of bringing it back to first-run in an hour-long format, they haven't licensed out the Narz or Trebek reruns to GSN or Buzzr. (Apparently there were rumors of a revival around 2000, but Jeff Zucker allegedly decided to go with the third hour of Today.)

Days of Our Lives was renewed earlier this year so I don't think it's going anywhere... Today's Take has been basically dead since the Billy Bush thing happened... I can see them move KLG and Hoda to 9am and put Megyn Kelly's show either right after or sometime later in the day.

It was renewed in February 2016...for a one year extension. Hmmm.......

NBC Daytime? Probably not. MSNBC Daytime? More likely, yes. Idk why you guys are speculating about where to put her on NBC when clearly she's going to MSNBC and maybe to fill the 2:00pm hour that Thomas Roberts left behind.

It may be just me thinking but there's no way they'll put her on NBC at all. Affiliates love Steve Harvey and Ellen and they aren't going anywhere.

Did you read the articles? It specifically says the shows will be on NBC... Nothing was even said about MSNBC.

Yeah sorry, it wasn't specific though but now I noticed. Apologies for that.

So screw the last post I did and I wonder why they would put her on NBC Television? Is it the end of Days of our Lives as we know it? Or will a syndicated show be given up by affiliates in order for Kelly's new show to be aired by NBC itself?

I also agree on cancelling Today's Take for Kelly, especially after what happened to the "How about a little hug for the Bushy" guy. Push KLG and Hoda back an hour and Kelly has a perfect slot before the local news. (KLG and Hoda is pretty much Take with wine already. And is much more entertaining.)

Also...whomever thought the network would cancel Days of Our Lives for Kelly, a news personality that already isn't very well liked, really doesn't know of the fan base DOOL and of Soap Operas in general--and how furious they'll be even if the thought of it ever comes up. It's like ABC axing General Hospital or CBS cancelling Young and the Restless -- something humanly (and even scientifically) impossible to do.

I also agree on cancelling Today's Take for Kelly, especially after what happened to the "How about a little hug for the Bushy" guy. Push KLG and Hoda back an hour and Kelly has a perfect slot before the local news. (KLG and Hoda is pretty much Take with wine already. And is much more entertaining.)

Also...whomever thought the network would cancel Days of Our Lives for Kelly, a news personality that already isn't very well liked, really doesn't know of the fan base DOOL and of Soap Operas in general--and how furious they'll be even if the thought of it ever comes up. It's like ABC axing General Hospital or CBS cancelling Young and the Restless -- something humanly (and even scientifically) impossible to do.

So? GL, OLTL, AMC, Passions and others have been cancelled by their networks over the paat 10-15 years. They can do it if they please and despite the fan bases, networks would just simply move on because its 2017 and soaps are no longer relevant.

(I'm biased because I hate Soap Operas. Period.)

Archived