News 4 New York moves to 11am January 16th

24994J

Haven't heard this one mentioned around here. The station's midday hour of news and talk will shift an hour earlier beginning next month. They'll be the only station in town with news at that hour, and it aligns them with most or all of their O&O sisters. The promo below says it all (before it gets taken down, of course)...

[MEDIA=vimeo]197185803[/MEDIA]

Why not call it Later Today in New York? It airs right after the fourth hour of Today and 11am isn't quite afternoon.

Becomes the second-to-last station to move its midday news at 11am because WBTS-LD will debut midday news at noon, not 11am as I first thought they would do.

Becomes the third NBC station to air half-hour midday news at 11am (WTVJ first, then KNSD).

Not all that surprised that the big "4" is following the other O&Os on putting the midday show on the post-Today timeslot. And yes, the new "NBC Boston" will be the new "lone-shark" at Noon come the 16th.

But I do find it shocking that they're also moving Days of Our Lives one hour earlier as well. The other O&Os that air Days at 1pm are KNBC, WRC, WTVJ & KNTV (but could that be shifted to the earlier timeslot for them in the future?)

Well anywho, good luck trying to vacuum away viewers from TPIR, The View & The Real at 11am. That's going to be one difficult feat.

Why not call it Later Today in New York? It airs right after the fourth hour of Today and 11am isn't quite afternoon.

Why call it that?

Just because 12 is the afternoon and 11 isn't--and that it airs after Today, no one will care enough about the connections when watching. They'll find it hokey.

It will get lost in the shuffle but I don't think it was even really competing at Noon either. With that said the larger problem is WNBC has a lack of strong daytime programming in the afternoon. They need a Family Feud or a Judge Judy leading into their newscasts to propel them.

In my opinion, WNBC has the strongest news in town. Stefan and Natalie and Stacy are all fantastic and are the station's future. It will take some time to gel to overtake 7.

It will get lost in the shuffle but I don't think it was even really competing at Noon either. With that said the larger problem is WNBC has a lack of strong daytime programming in the afternoon. They need a Family Feud or a Judge Judy leading into their newscasts to propel them.

In my opinion, WNBC has the strongest news in town. Stefan and Natalie and Stacy are all fantastic and are the station's future. It will take some time to gel to overtake 7.

Lack of strong daytime programming in the afternoon? Steve Harvey and more importantly Ellen are two of the strongest lead-ins. If Family Feud was such of a strong lead-in, wouldn't it have been on WNYW as a lead-in to the 5pm news instead of TMZ Live? As for Judge Judy, she is clearly at the top as far as ratings, but I don't see WCBS letting go of her show, and if it did WNYW would probably snatch it up.

Lack of strong daytime programming in the afternoon? Steve Harvey and more importantly Ellen are two of the strongest lead-ins. If Family Feud was such of a strong lead-in, wouldn't it have been on WNYW as a lead-in to the 5pm news instead of TMZ Live? As for Judge Judy, she is clearly at the top as far as ratings, but I don't see WCBS letting go of her show, and if it did WNYW would probably snatch it up.

Wasn't Judge Judy on WNBC years back? And the people's court on WCBS?

Yes that's correct re: Judge Judy on WNBC and People's Court which had been on many stations here in NYC.

Steve Harvey and Ellen don't perform well here in the city. National ratings wise they may be strong but at 3, GH beats Ellen.

Wasn't Judge Judy on WNBC years back? And the people's court on WCBS?

Many years ago - I don't think it performed well as a lead in to Live at Five. It was later bought by CBS anyhow and moved. It may have also been on other local stations. It did bounce around for a bit. It grew in populairty once it went to CBS2.

Let me say this now. WNBC is not doing an 11 a.m. broadcast. The only reason the other stations have one because of their schedule. Many on the west coast and central don't have a noon broadcast. So let stop with this rumor of 11 a.m.

All I was trying to say is that it is highly unlikely WNBC will do an 11 am just because the others O&Os have one. It just seems like everyone else wants the 11 a.m. so bad making it seem like they saw a press release or something. I also know that they are noon broadcast on the west and central zones. That's why I said MANY meaning not all.

Never say never. :p

Archived