WFXT Looks to Rebrand Amid Continued Struggles Under Cox Ownership

GroupWBZ

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Their bug is back to the Fox-less "25" logo but Fox appears everywhere else - at least for now.[ATTACH=full]3587[/ATTACH]

A closer look on the bug:IMG_20170120_161652.thumb.jpg.5d7c0dddc66fe9e95f28e2b453b14c0c.jpg

It still looks horrible, I don't like how it looks with the L3s (overall the graphics are terrible). On a side note, the font size for the time & temp. is a little big to fit on the bug.

FTVLive is reporting that newly-hired WFXT reporter Christine O'Donnell has apparently been canned after posting a video of herself scantily-clad in bed. Her bio has disappeared from the Fox 25 website.

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/1/19/reporter-sacked-after-posting-video-in-bed

She never had a bio on the website, but she was fired for the video. She was freelance, so the firing was pretty cut and dry.

She never had a bio on the website, but she was fired for the video. She was freelance, so the firing was pretty cut and dry.

Looking at her social media history, the warning signs were everywhere. She had a video of her doing push-ups on her Facebook page; the camera was clearly positioned so you could practically do a virtual motorboat. That degree of exhibitionism might play in L.A., but she might want to tone it down a bit if she wants to be taken seriously elsewhere.

Looking at her social media history, the warning signs were everywhere. She had a video of her doing push-ups on her Facebook page; the camera was clearly positioned so you could practically do a virtual motorboat. That degree of exhibitionism might play in L.A., but she might want to tone it down a bit if she wants to be taken seriously elsewhere.

Well don't go teasing the video without providing a link....that's one of those dirty TV news tricks.

Also don't tell me to search for it. I'm too old and could break a hip or crack my head open...and that would be elder abuse.

Young inflated on-air talent egos and social media just don't mix. Like water and oil.

It's been a prescription for disaster lately... but I'd still watch her do push ups all day. Lol

I was thinking more like baking soda and vinegar, they mix almost too well, and not necessarily with good results.

If Cox Media is going to "go through" with dropping the Fox branding, I expect it will happen on Sunday, since many people will be tuning to that station for the Super Bowl. I should mention that when it dropped the Fox O&O graphics in 2015, it was the same day as Game 1 of the World Series that year.

If Cox Media is going to "go through" with dropping the Fox branding, I expect it will happen on Sunday, since many people will be tuning to that station for the Super Bowl. I should mention that when it dropped the Fox O&O graphics in 2015, it was the same day as Game 1 of the World Series that year.

And the Pats are playing in it. No question 25 will do something then if they're thinking about it. One question: what exactly do you mean by "go through"? Dropping the FOX from the logo in the open and change the VO?

And the Pats are playing in it. No question 25 will do something then if they're thinking about it. One question: what exactly do you mean by "go through"? Dropping the FOX from the logo in the open and change the VO?

I have a feeling WFXT is going to end up somewhat similar to WSVN/WHDH. Big studio and no Affiliate branding.

Archived