nynewsguy

Should WABC welcome Sam back?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should WABC welcome Sam back?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was I wrong? And yes, it was known at the time, because it was true! Nearly everyone close to her inside News 12 at the time knew this to be true. So you will cite one time I had a source (and was true) me behaving the same way as the looney tune who created this thread? Okay.

I love how you try to justify what you were doing as any different. It doesn't matter if it's true or not in the end. You did the same thing -- you posted something that appeared speculative and you didn't (and further refused when asked) cite a source.

And why are you calling the original poster a looney tune? That's not nice!

Can't find any confirmation, but I think Sam may be out at the Weather Channel. There's nothing about TWC or his talk show, 23.5 in his Twitter bio anymore. An article about him filling in on HLN about a month ago said his contract is up soon.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/sam-champion-fills-in-on-hlns-morning-express/309722

Also, the EP of his show (who appearently recently jumped to CBS46 in ATL) tweeted that the "final" episode of 23.5 is next week....

[MEDIA=twitter]804725156992221184[/MEDIA]

• 4 weeks later...

somebody tell the NYC reporters and anchors there are no more "living legends" - those people died out after 9/11, back when everybody used to watch TV. No street reporters in NYC have any name recognition anymore - should have retired while they were on top. anchors and reporters are a faded memory in NYC

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

He could easily do Noon & 4:00 for WABC. Give Bill Evans a break in the morning (doing 4:30-7:00 AM and then coming back for Noon-1:00 is a bit much; I dont know how Shirleen does it!) and Lee will still have 5, 6, & 11

• 1 year later...

Wow - 2.5 years later - and I was right. 

You people have been chewing me out since I told everyone that WABC was moving to the old Tony Danza space long before it happened. Took a couple of years - but that happened too. 

So for all you naysayers and those who called me a “looney toon” - I say this: if you want to get ahead in life - you shouldn’t bad mouth people unless you are certain of something. The majority of the regulars here are nothing but outside observers - or kids. 

So, have some decency. Don’t call people names. All that does is make you look really foolish in the end. 

1 hour ago, nydem2015 said:

Again my guess is WABC just didn’t want to add a 5th weather anchor although they clearly wanted Sam back.

Sam needs the money...because trips to Rio beat the hell out of trips to Rockaway Beach.

image.png.cb8aea6aceff6bf2e95dfb7811a129cd.pngimage.thumb.png.9aa0f87fc7bfdb0de6d6aec6332acfa2.png

3 hours ago, Eat News said:

Sam needs the money...because trips to Rio beat the hell out of trips to Rockaway Beach.

image.png.cb8aea6aceff6bf2e95dfb7811a129cd.pngimage.thumb.png.9aa0f87fc7bfdb0de6d6aec6332acfa2.png

Cursed image!

In all seriousness, it's nice for WABC to have Sam back. Takes me back when WABC didn't had an ABC logo stuck on the circle 7.

Saw the first broadcast this morning, was great! Just like old times haha. Any idea on who will be doing the Noon Broadcast? Will it continue to be Sam?

40 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Saw the first broadcast this morning, was great! Just like old times haha. Any idea on who will be doing the Noon Broadcast? Will it continue to be Sam?

Sam did the noon today. I imagine it’ll be him. Perhaps he’ll take off Fridays at noon like David Murphy at WPVI does and have Jeff and Amy rotate filling in.

1 hour ago, wabceyewitness said:

Notice they didn’t include the full team shot toward the end of the open like the other EWN newscasts do. 

If I had to venture a guess someone was off. It was a fast transition between him being announced to being on air.

Oddly enough, Sam's wearing the same outfit in the talent open as he is in the team shots in the promo earlier in the thread. They even take a selfie on the white backdrop set where they shoot the talent.

Archived