nynewsguy

Should WABC welcome Sam back?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should WABC welcome Sam back?

Word around is that Sam is in talks with WABC to return - as weather anchor for EWN @ noon and 4PM. As you may know, once you leave WABC, you generally aren't welcomed back - so this would be a shift from the norm - but since he left for network and not local competition, the "rule" might not apply in this case.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Word around is that Sam is in talks with WABC to return - as weather anchor for EWN @ noon and 4PM. As you may know, once you leave WABC, you generally aren't welcomed back - so this would be a shift from the norm - but since he left for network and not local competition, the "rule" might not apply in this case.

Well I hope they don't rehire him. Both him and Josh took the bait of NBC so they shouldn't be welcomed back especially after 3 years. If it was 10+ maybe???

Are there really talks? Or is it just speculation?

Yes. He's hunting.

Well I hope they don't rehire home. Both him and Josh took the bait of NBC so they shouldn't be welcomed back especially after 3 years. If it was 10+ maybe???

Agreed - but keep in mind - he left the network 3 years ago. He left WABC in 2006 - so it has been 10 years. This would only be for the local level.

More baseless speculation on your part. You have been proven incorrect on more occasions than I can count.

So he left GMA for TWC so he could be closer to his hubby, now he wants back in NYC? Either the husband is going back with him, or they must really enjoy the long-distance marriage thing.

So he left GMA for TWC so he could be closer to his hubby, now he wants back in NYC? Either the husband is going back with him, or they must really enjoy the long-distance marriage thing.

I bet Phil Collins has something to do with this.

More baseless speculation on your part. You have been proven incorrect on more occasions than I can count.

Perhaps he has a source and doesn't want to give it you? You've done this before!!! Give him a break!

I won't say I haven't thought of this before but this user simply does not have a good track record.

Perhaps he has a source and doesn't want to give it you? You've done this before!!! Give him a break!

You're right, he's said this before to the same exact user because nynewsguy posts random things every other month as if he's an insider and none of them come true.

I've done what before? Made up fake sources and pretend to be an "insider?" I've never even stated once on here that I had inside track on some type of development. I simply reply to posts. This guy is notorious for doing that on here. Hey maybe Roz Abrams is coming back too...

Now if you're talking about calling people out on their BS pretty consistently...guilty as charged.

Apparently him and his husband moved from Atlanta back to New York a couples of months ago. The picture of his apartment boxed up is on his Instagram.

Apparently him and his husband moved from Atlanta back to New York a couples of months ago. The picture of his apartment boxed up is on his Instagram.

Yeah, I think his husband even has a gallery here now too. Sam is definitely going to end up somewhere else, since TWC is letting him essentially do these "tryout" gigs at GMA and now on HLN. Sam wouldn't return to WABC, nor do they have a need for him, but maybe NBC would be interested now that they need another male presence on Today with Bush gone. He could take over the 9th hour as they (maybe) ease out Al? Though if they really wanted to do that, I think they would have tried it already since he's in the NBCU family.

Sounds like another baseless speculative post from nynewsguy.

Yeah, I think his husband even has a gallery here now too. Sam is definitely going to end up somewhere else, since TWC is letting him essentially do these "tryout" gigs at GMA and now on HLN. Sam wouldn't return to WABC, nor do they have a need for him, but maybe NBC would be interested now that they need another male presence on Today with Bush gone. He could take over the 9th hour as they (maybe) ease out Al? Though if they really wanted to do that, I think they would have tried it already since he's in the NBCU family.

No way in hell. Not even if it was to replace Bush. Why? because it would be THAT easy to have Sam fill in for Al on weather when needed, and I'm sure Roker sees him as a threat to replace him. Not to mention that Dylan Dreyer has paid her dues there, and it would be a bitch move by NBC if they were to pass her up when the time comes to replace Al.

I've done what before? Made up fake sources and pretend to be an "insider?" I've never even stated once on here that I had inside track on some type of development. I simply reply to posts. This guy is notorious for doing that on here. Hey maybe Roz Abrams is coming back too...

Now if you're talking about calling people out on their BS pretty consistently...guilty as charged.

You actually have done this before. You've made comments and not named sources when questioned. I don't disagree with you the poster in this situation has done this before. I just thought it a little odd that you were the pot calling the kettle black, that's all. No need to get all excited because I'm calling you out!

You actually have done this before. You've made comments and not named sources when questioned. I don't disagree with you the poster in this situation has done this before. I just thought it a little odd that you were the pot calling the kettle black, that's all. No need to get all excited because I'm calling you out!

I invite you to find a post of mine where I claimed to have a "source." Get back to me.

I invite you to find a post of mine where I claimed to have a "source." Get back to me.

Ask and you shall receive. :) See below.

News 12 LI weeknight anchor Stacey Bell will be joining WNBC as a new weekend anchor (most likely evenings with David Ushery.) Bell joined News 12 in 2012 from the Cleveland FOX affiliate.

Good pickup for WNBC. Stacey is a real solid anchor.

Yes, I have a source. No, I'm not telling you who it is.

To be fair, that was right.

At the time of the post, that was not known. I get it, the creator of this thread has a bad track record, so this is likely not true. Just seems that anchorman93 came off a little cocky (not the first time for this either). We should all try to be a bit nicer to each other. There's already too much hate in this world.

Ask and you shall receive. :) See below.

At the time of the post, that was not known. I get it, the creator of this thread has a bad track record, so this is likely not true. Just seems that anchorman93 came off a little cocky (not the first time for this either). We should all try to be a bit nicer to each other. There's already too much hate in this world.

Was I wrong? And yes, it was known at the time, because it was true! Nearly everyone close to her inside News 12 at the time knew this to be true. So you will cite one time I had a source (and was true) me behaving the same way as the looney tune who created this thread? Okay.

Archived