WKRN new logo and graphics

tw-804

You misunderstand. The graphics package was designed and built in Florida by MGFX. The logo is crap and was made by Nashville's two-bit hub who earned it's typical salary. Nothing above and beyond ordered and paid for. After the logo was rendered, the C4D file was sent to MGFX to be added into the graphics package and then sent back to Nashville. I know because I saw it happening.

The bigger misunderstanding is that MGFX operates out of Florida, that is incorrect. MGFX is solely based in Virginia and played no part in WKRN's new package. I'm not sure what you saw but I know MGFX was not involved..

Aside from that, the recent rollouts of the new packages across the company have been flawed both from a design standpoint and a technical standpoint. It's amateur hour.

The bigger misunderstanding is that MGFX operates out of Florida, that is incorrect. MGFX is solely based in Virginia and played no part in WKRN's new package. I'm not sure what you saw but I know MGFX was not involved..

Aside from that, the recent rollouts of the new packages across the company have been flawed both from a design standpoint and a technical standpoint. It's amateur hour.

Aside from locationality issue, this is ONE package. MGFX rolls out all the assets to the stations.

From my understanding, MGFX primarily services the legacy stations (pre-Young). WRIC was added at one time, but I'm not sure that is still the case.

Now that many of the former Young stations have made the switch to the Scripps-esque look, it would make sense that they have been absorbed as well.

Meanwhile, the former LIN stations may as well be a different company, as they still have a lot of their old infrastructure and seem to be operating as they were before, with their own hubs.

As for the others, KXRM is off on it's own, WHTM is a modified form of the Scripps-esque look, and WTTA has been absorbed into WFLA. All three are lumped into the legacy side (at least on the HR/Jobs side) while the LIN side is status quo...for now.

The question is IF and WHEN Nexstar starts to consolidate things. Given the patchwork of the mergers Media General has done, there is LOTS to be done and MANY opportunities to reduce redundancy...

New idea ... and New suggestion for TVNT:

Before any sane Art Director or CSD goes and messes with any logo, anonymously upload the logo to TVNT and let us nit-pick and critique the proposed logo. This would give them a safety net before they miss with heritage logo's being chopped and disfigured as we seen so much in last 4th quarter of 2016.

-- Matt

643.png

Archived