2016 Election Coverage

TheRolyPoly

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='WSVNFan']I don't think that'll happen as @TriangleTriadMediaNews previously mentioned, there's also races for governors, senators, representatives and others that are up on this election, including sheriffs because I know there's a sheriff race in Arizona and even amendments up for grabs because there are like 4 amendment yes or no races up in Florida. Not every state is dealing with their own elections, but I know there's more than just a presidential race up for grabs.[/QUOTE] For your blog KUSI will start at 5p and go till "whenever" (like usual)...but it usually 12a or 1a since San Diego local totals run slow due to the geographical size of the county.

KTLA in Los Angeles will have election coverage from 3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.

While WISH-TV, in their first Election Night since dropping CBS for CW, will have regular programming.

And back to Canada: CTV will have the documentary "The Beatles: 8 Days A Week - The Touring Years"; Global, "X-Men: Days of Future Past."

But with six days to go now, the networks still have yet to lay out their "battle plans" (i.e., put out press releases).

RT (Russia Today) released plans for its RT America channel back in Sept. "Election 2016: Worldwide," headed up by Larry King, Ed Schultz and Jesse Ventura. Go figure lol. The hosts of some other programs will also be on air.

https://www.rt.com/about-us/press-releases/us-election-special-king/

Coverage starts at 4 p.m. EST. and will go to whenever, I guess.

I'm sure RT's other channels, including its main RT International, and RT UK will have extensive coverage/simulcast some of RT America. Their non-English channels (Arabic, Spanish) will probably something too.

My main reason for posting, tho, is to share these RT promos, which are so awesome!!

Is NBC bringing back Democracy Plaza? I know they have promoted virtual sessions with it in the past month with different journalists. I ask because I thought work would have started on the Plaza by now.

That's Rovi's terrible listings being terrible as usual (TiVo switching to them this year with the buyout has been a nightmare, and they still show Univision, FNC and MSNBC with regular programming on that night).

Soo, TiVo updated my guide and shows WBAL's 11 News at 11 from 11:00 PM - 2:00 AM, then NBC News Special: 2016 Election Night from 2:00 - 2:07 AM, followed by Access Hollywood and Steve Harvey until 4:00AM. WJZ and WMAR both have 30 minute newscasts at 11:00PM.

I can't stand that they don't update things correctly. Before noon on Wednesday it was known that NBC and CBS changed their lineups to air repeats due to Game 7 of the World Series. My TiVo even had an message at the bottom of the home screen to tell me how to force update my schedule so Game 7 would appear in my guide. If they knew that - why didn't they know the NBC and CBS changes when other data providers did?

I can't stand that they don't update things correctly. Before noon on Wednesday it was known that NBC and CBS changed their lineups to air repeats due to Game 7 of the World Series. My TiVo even had an message at the bottom of the home screen to tell me how to force update my schedule so Game 7 would appear in my guide. If they knew that - why didn't they know the NBC and CBS changes when other data providers did?

The Univision issue has thankfully been corrected; going by their news block starting at 6:30pm, they're going to at least 3am (there's a half-hour comedy show at 6pm between it and Primer Impacto but I'm thinking it's wishful thinking, so it actually starts at 5pm). I was thankful I did get the World Series update easily, but it's likely a matter of NBC and CBS's PR departments getting the notices out, but nobody else really getting them; NBC.com was still showing new episodes of each last night in their schedule. They also likely assumed that when viewers got the news they'd hit cancel on tonight's recording then let it propagate the 'missed' episode the next week.

Because it seems like the thing this week is 'cable networks which have no business even going near the election planning their programming for election night', Viceland is getting two guys I've never heard of named Desus & Mero to do an hour live, presumably to the 'broken cable box with the $30 extra channels package'-only crowd. And because of what seems to be spite for the audience, ABC's letting The View have an hour on Lifetime.

Let me know when NFL Redzone decides to join the fray with a unique spin (Scott Hanson's iron bladder would be working overtime if this were true) ;).

WFXT Fox 25 in Boston is staying all local on election night with their coverage starting at 8 according to a promo I saw. Any other fox affiliates staying local rather than running network?

i thought fox mandated coverage of certain news events, would the broadcast net's election coverage be one of those mandatory for all affiliates events?

WFXT Fox 25 in Boston is staying all local on election night with their coverage starting at 8 according to a promo I saw. Any other fox affiliates staying local rather than running network?

I think WSVN will stay local too but I'm not sure.

FNC's overnight coverage up until 4am and a 2 hour Fox & Friends First will be simulcast on the Fox broadcast network after Shep signs off for the night - offered as a Level 2 special report.

MSNBC's overnight coverage will be simulcast on NBC until Early Today at 4am.

Nightline will be extended from 2am - 4am, preempting World News Now.

ABC News will also be producing a special edition of The View for Lifetime airing from 8 - 9:30 pm EST.

Archived