Really, really good promo

NAN

That's not just a good promo; that's an amazing promo. Can you name a promo that has done a better job in appealing to Generation Y? There's nothing cheesy about it, and it's a completely new idea. Both of these major complaints that commonly come from our generation were addressed and removed.

WBNS will win major awards with this project, and I hope that 18-34s will see this promo for how strikingly "today" it is and at least consider watching WBNS. If this idea doesn't bring in the younger viewers, then I don't know if anything will.

This is by far the best local news promo I have ever seen! Finally, a news station that cuts through the clutter and speaks directly to US, Gen. Y. I sincerley hope this ideal will spread across the country and we can finally see TV stations (and hopefully news someday) for what they truely should be, making a difference in people's lives.

Found this board / topic through Google... I'm glad to hear you like the promo and the song. I was the producer on the spot and song (written in my apartment, actually).

The spot wasn't specifically targeting Gen Y but it probably seems that way because I'm 25 and in that generation. Plus, it aired during the Superbowl and we wanted it to skew younger than our typical spots.

The best part about the spot was that the promo got a great response from everyone: young and old. The sound, nostalgia / station heritage, and the music really seemed to touch people. We're still getting (though just a trickle now, but a couple hundred earlier this year) positive e-mails about the campaign. Not one negative e-mail (that I know of), by the way.

Anyways, glad to hear many of you like the promo.

All the best from Columbus!

Dave

Ohh... you can download the song here if you care: http://www.alamothlane.com/AlamothLane-Media_files/Audio/SuperBowl/carousels.mp3

Found this board / topic through Google... I'm glad to hear you like the promo and the song. I was the producer on the spot and song (written in my apartment, actually).

The spot wasn't specifically targeting Gen Y but it probably seems that way because I'm 25 and in that generation. Plus, it aired during the Superbowl and we wanted it to skew younger than our typical spots.

The best part about the spot was that the promo got a great response from everyone: young and old. The sound, nostalgia / station heritage, and the music really seemed to touch people. We're still getting (though just a trickle now, but a couple hundred earlier this year) positive e-mails about the campaign. Not one negative e-mail (that I know of), by the way.

Anyways, glad to hear many of you like the promo.

All the best from Columbus!

Dave

Ohh... you can download the song here if you care: http://www.alamothlane.com/AlamothLane-Media_files/Audio/SuperBowl/carousels.mp3

Dave:

That was an AWESOME job on the song. I downloaded that song about 2 weeks ago when I first saw the YouTube video. I was amazed at the song when I first heard it and when I want music, I will find it online at anycost. I am very surprised that this song isn't on the radio. That song will make that group big, very quick. Pass that along.

-- Matt

Dave,

Can't say enough good things about that promo. After seeing that, it really makes your station seem like an obvious choice for news in your market, like you guys are really invested in the community. MAJOR props. Plus, your concept can work in any market for most any station, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some copycats with this.

Again, really nice work!

Cool music video as well as promo and song too. Just goes to show you how far a station will go to make their presence known. When WFTV turns 50, I hope they do something like that instead of emphasizing their coverage.

Archived