AT&T buying Time Warner?

Georgie56

Any scenario where the DOJ is ordered not to treat Sinclair with a set of kid gloves is borderline implausible.

Well I certainly think AT&T/TW will point to Sinclair as a major reason their merger should be allowed.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I certainly think AT&T/TW will point to Sinclair as a major reason their merger should be allowed.

AT&T and TimeWarner aren’t playing indefinite patronage and worship to Trump and the Republican Party like Sinclair is.

That’s why Sinclair will, without a doubt, get exactly what they want, and AT&T won’t. Delrahim will be ordered to stand down with regards to Sinclair and not say anything.

• 3 weeks later...

And the judge says that there's no gaurantee that the judge would rule in the case before the April 22 deadline to close the TW deal.

What happens if there's no ruling before that deadline? Is the deal off even if it's legally cleared to happen?

What happens if there's no ruling before that deadline? Is the deal off even if it's legally cleared to happen?

The Reuters article states that AT&T would have to pay TW $500M, if the deal doesn't close by the 4/22 date. But I have a feeling they'll probably do another extension.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Trump can't block the merger himself. Judge Leon from the D.C. Circuit has the final say in the case.

Here's what Giuliani said acc. to CNN.

"The president denied the merger," Giuliani, a new member of President Trump's legal team, said in an interview with HuffPost on Friday.

Giuliani was seemingly trying to defend the president against any suggestion that Michael Cohen improperly influenced the administration after the revelation that Cohen, Trump's longtime personal attorney, was paid large sums of money by AT&T and several other corporate clients.

"Whatever lobbying was done didn't reach the president," Giuliani said, repeating a claim he made to CNN's Dana Bash on Thursday.

But then Giuliani went further, telling HuffPost's S.V. Date that "he did drain the swamp... The president denied the merger. They didn't get the result they wanted."

In other words: If AT&T hired Cohen to win government approval of the deal, AT&T wasted its $600,000.

But the assertion that "the president denied the merger" flies in the face of everything the government has previously said about the deal.

"If Giuliani didn't misspeak, this is major news," former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti tweeted Friday night. "It is highly unusual for the president to be involved in DOJ merger decisions."

It is possible that Giuliani misspoke, or that he simply does not know what he's talking about. He was not working for Trump at the time the Justice Department was reviewing the deal. Since he began representing Trump, he has had to change the story he has been telling in public about Stormy Daniels and what Trump knew or didn't know and when about the payment Cohen made to her. And he may simply have meant "the president" as a stand-in for "the administration."

justin2kx said it the shoutbox, but I feel it's worth mentioning here, too; Rudy Guiliani says that Trump blocked the merger.

Can AT&T take the Trump administration to court for that?

Not to bring politics in but this administration is nothing but a joke.

You just brought politics into it for NO reason.

C'mon Roly ...so what if you don't like the guy, but some of us do like the President. Hey I was a dem...but they lost me with higher taxes and needlesss regulations that cost me and my fellow business owners money.

Money will become important to you kids, once you see how it's wasted by others.

So in all fairness...

This administration has put more money in my pocket, and I'm proud to be and American-Korean-Mexican . I care what the President does , and he is kicking ass and keeping promises.

Thank you for your support.

C'mon Roly ...so what if you don't like the guy, but some of us do like the President. Hey I was a dem...but they lost me with higher taxes and needlesss regulations that cost me and my fellow business owners money.

Money will become important to you kids, once you see how it's wasted by others.

So in all fairness...

This administration has put more money in my pocket, and I'm proud to be and American-Korean-Mexican . I care what the President does , and he is kicking ass and keeping promises.

Don't you realize what this clown is doing? He's corrupt in every way, clearly a high traitor to Russia, and is doing nothing to benefit anyone except his fellow billionaires. My father didn't vote for him because he knew that Trump had a habit of not paying his contractors (among other reasons), so what makes you think small business will benefit from him in any way?

Trump made it about himself when he first decried the merger on the campaign trail. Like it or not, this merger became entirely political because of Trump and his hatred of CNN.

Giuliani only turned it up by 500% as he beclowned himself for the fourth time in two weeks on national television.

Bringing Giuliani into the legal fold was a mistake. His erratic behavior is evidence of that.

And to think that six years ago, Giuliani was legitimately considered as a presidential candidate. xD

But no one else with any sense of self-awareness or humility wants to be in this so-called "legal fold." When the lawyers have to lawyer up themselves...

Remember what happened to the first Sinclair-Tribune discussion thread? Let’s not go down that route again.

We all remember what happened...

The Sinclair discussion is political in nature because of how it's evolving.

However there are quite a few people here that can't handle a real political discussion without getting all butt-hurt.

So how about this...

If you can't describe the 3 branches of goverment...and what they do...then kindly keep your discussions to graphics, sets, news music and WABC anchor scheduling.

Let the adults here handle the heavy duty discussions, like politics, KRON... and boobies.

You start off saying one thing and then do the opposite. Why not just drop your first six words altogether?

So in all fairness...

Wow, so nice to see you embrace your innerconservatism finally, instead of parading yourself off as some unaffiliated moderate.

We all remember what happened...

The Sinclair discussion is political in nature because of how it's evolving.

However there are quite a few people here that can't handle a real political discussion without getting all butt-hurt.

So how about this...

If you can't describe the 3 branches of goverment...and what they do...then kindly keep your discussions to graphics, sets, news music and WABC anchor scheduling.

Let the adults here handle the heavy duty discussions, like politics, KRON... and boobies.

Not sure why your criticizing others because you always get butt hurt (although I thought you liked bananas) when someone disagrees with you too.

Remember what happened to the first Sinclair-Tribune discussion thread? Let’s not go down that route again.

In that case, this thread as a whole should be moved to the D Block section, if not forked.

It's almost impossible not to discuss it without getting into the obvious political overtones, maybe even more so than Sinclair-Tribune. For crying out loud, this is being dragged on because of politics, and its fate and the repercussions thereof are entirely political.

Just my opinion.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived