NHL 2016 Season

WCAUTVNBC10

New season bringing new graphics to a few broadcasters:

Starting with NHL Network who picked up the MLB Network look (albeit much more blue).

MSG went with a "minimalist" look that looks like it took 3 mins to make in Photoshop.

Finally NESN got a new scoreboard that's entirely too small even for HD. The fact that they still use Interstate for their don't doesn't help either.

NESN is basically the old Fox/CBC one but even smaller. I would have just taken the MLB version and mimiced Fox with the shots on goal column.

MSG is pretty slick, actually. Feels like a cross between CBS and ESPN's aesthetics and NBC's animations.

Sportsnet has some personnel changes, with Ron MacLean reinstated as the HNIC host for the early window games (then leaving for game 2 so he can fly to Random Canadian City Of The Week for Sunday).

• 7 months later...

Bumping a thread from Oct. 2016 and lack of posts shows you we barely care about Hockey here in the states.

Anyways, might as well close this thread because the Pittsburgh Penguins have won their second straight NHL Stanley Cup. With the season officially over, if I was the moderator or admin. here, I would close this thread.

Congrats Pens on wining back to back Stanley Cup Champions. It pains me as I wanted the Redwings to remain the only repeat Stanley Cup Champions 97, 98.

Not to burst that bubble in that thought though but the Pens have done it once before: '91 and '92 seasons.

Not to burst that bubble in that thought though but the Pens have done it once before: '91 and '92 seasons.

Isles won 4 in a row in the early 80s and the Oilers in the late 80s and my Flyers did it in 74-75 and before the expansion era in 67, the original 6 teams did it a lot cause math.

Archived