At&t sports networks Root Sports

D Dwayne

I can't recall exactly, but I thought I read somewhere that Comcast needed to get approval for the name change from the teams. I know some teams have ownership stakes in the various CSN's, so it's not like Comcast can rubber-stamp every change they want done.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There hasn't been an announcement....but it's happening on a wider scale than California. I don't know how many of the CSNs are going and exactly when. Some will be fall, post-baseball as usual. Logo/naming change, not a graphics package change. Can't say more.

There hasn't been an announcement....but it's happening on a wider scale than California. I don't know how many of the CSNs are going and exactly when. Some will be fall, post-baseball as usual. Logo/naming change, not a graphics package change. Can't say more.

Not to hijack the thread but is TCN getting rebranded as well?

Not to hijack the thread but is TCN getting rebranded as well?

I'm surprised TCN is still around, honestly- ever since they eliminated their news and other programming, they're basically CSN2. I'd like to see Comcast relaunch it as, I dunno, a new version of PRISM? It could carry regional sports from Philly-area highschools and colleges, NBC-sourced sports programming, some backlog Universal shows and movies (PolyGram/Gramercy, Rogue, their more obscure Paramount titles, plus ExoSquad, Wing Commander Academy, and Earthworm Jim), and local events.

I'm surprised TCN is still around, honestly- ever since they eliminated their news and other programming, they're basically CSN2. I'd like to see Comcast relaunch it as, I dunno, a new version of PRISM? It could carry regional sports from Philly-area highschools and colleges, NBC-sourced sports programming, some backlog Universal shows and movies (PolyGram/Gramercy, Rogue, their more obscure Paramount titles, plus ExoSquad, Wing Commander Academy, and Earthworm Jim), and local events.

High School football, basketball would be pretty nice to see on TCN, especially the Philadelphia Catholic League championships and rivalries.

• 1 month later...

The MLB Tonight crew voiced their displeasure over the fact that the new graphics use white to indicate loaded bases. They say that they keep getting confused, especially when the bases are loaded, and there's no gray unloaded bases to compare it to. If at least one base is empty, it's an easy comparison between gray (empty) and white (occupied), but with the bases loaded and all white, it's lacking that comparison with gray, so it's unclear if the bases are loaded or if the bases are totally empty.

It's especially more confusing because other networks (MASN comes to mind) use white bases to indicate empty bases and orange/red (depending if it's an Orioles or Nationals game) to indicate runners on base.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night was the first night for the Vegas Golden Knights on ATT Sportsnet. It also gave us a look at what the graphics will look like for NHL season.

Not that it really matters as the channel still isn't available on the largest cable provider in Las Vegas.

http://news3lv.com/news/local/vegas-golden-knights-brace-for-inaugural-season-cox-television-blackouts-loom

DJ9NlMdWkAYnypw.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived