Major Changes at News12

nynewslover

News 12 Westchester is on the new **very very** basic set out of Long Island.. there have been a lot of mistakes throughout the day and a continuous loop of News12 promos and commercials.. also to note Antoinette Bioridi of News12 LI (formerly of News12 Westchester) is anchoring on Westchester again tonight.. I'm going to assume it's permenant. Something weird though.. Meteorologist Steve Teeling of News12 Connecticut told viewers he would be back on air in 2 weeks but is on Westchester tonight.

Here's what the sets looked like. (Fuzzy photos taken from News 12 interactive channel archive)

Hudson Valley/Westchester: (switched 4-3-17)

Yonkers studio:

bc2c5e541670724.jpg41e805541670762.jpg

Secondary LI studio:

2901d9541670909.jpgb55bbf541670836.jpg

Connecticut: (switched 3-25-17, used main NJ set until 3-30-17)

Connecticut studio:

07f40b541670811.jpg

Main NJ set:

e430cc541670800.jpg

Secondary NJ set:

695273541670894.jpgb1c539541670920.jpg

From Meteorologist Mike Rizzo of News12 Connecticut.. I know Westchester needs a full time weekday evening meteorologist but Long Island and the Bronx do not.. I wonder if they're letting more people go or if he'll just be doing fill in work?

Just another hyperlocal day...yet somewhat different - rather - its bittersweet. This is the place where my career began nearly 3 years ago: News 12 Connecticut. I'll miss my steady CT weekend shows, my friends in Norwalk, and most importantly the family that my colleagues at News 12 CT have become. I had the opportunity to work with so many splendid people here, including management who took time to mentor me as I started out just 3 weeks after graduation. But as times change, situations change - some changes beyond my control.

With the idea of "change" on the horizon for quite some time, it seemed too distant to be bothered. But then it happened. Suddenly I found myself saying "Goodbye" more and more to my colleagues and friends.

Without News 12 CT, I don't think I would have ended up the way I am today both personally and professionally. I want to thank everyone who had an impact on my work: friends, family, viewers, and coworkers....for creating an amazing experience that I would have never changed - FOR ANYTHING.

As part of these "changes", I have been reassigned to a new position at News 12 Long Island where my duties include working on air in Long Island, Westchester, Hudson Valley, Bronx, and Brooklyn.

Although this reassignment takes me away from steady 'permanent' work for Connecticut, I will still have opportunity to air whenever fill-in work may be needed.

Southwestern CT will always have a place in my heart as some type of home. This is a bittersweet transition that leaves me melancholy yet optimistic. Yet with redirection and focus, I will continue to proudly give the hyperlocal forecast to a new audience, one that I am very excited to meet.

Thank you all for your endless support, following, love, and friendship. I hope that I'll still hear from you all in CT no matter what! I'm just across Long Island Sound afterall! See you soon!

Danielle Campbell is being moved off the anchor desk on weekday mornings (likely taking a big salary cut) and instead will be reporting from the field.

Elizabeth Hashagen will now anchor the 8am with Doug Geed. Not sure if this impacts her early morning anchor duties as well.

Seems like they were going to be moving Lea to to anchor the morning newscast with Doug, but when she declined they slotted in Elizabeth.

Danielle Campbell is being moved off the anchor desk on weekday mornings (likely taking a big salary cut) and instead will be reporting from the field.

Elizabeth Hashagen will now anchor the 8am with Doug Geed. Not sure if this impacts her early morning anchor duties as well.

Seems like they were going to be moving Lea to to anchor the morning newscast with Doug, but when she declined they slotted in Elizabeth.

Perfect opportunity for Danielle to Finally slap that billionaire News Director with a sexual harrassement lawsuit after all those years of his stalking her. bad enough all those reporters had to put up with sexual harassement from Mr. Emmy the creepy photog all those years without Managers doing a thing about it after it was reported.

Somebody is curious if Lea got her GOODBYE CAKE after her 30 years. the traditional news 12 parting gift. They also want to know who gave the news director the low-down on what Lea had done for the last 30 years - 5 minutes before he gave her goodbye speech.

Archived