KHOU getting a new set.

TexasTVNews

On Twitter, their ND says KHOU's new set will be 'very different' from the one installed at KGW (where she worked until a few months ago)

[MEDIA=twitter]782376379383816193[/MEDIA]

It'll be interesting to see whether the new KHOU set will be a carbon-copy of KING and KUSA sets (by Jack Morton PDG), or whether it'll be something original (like Devlin or FX).

Devlin is already working in Houston at KRIV, besides I heard they passed on the low budget Tegna projects. One look at the Tegna sets launched recently and you can see why the better set firms would have elected to take a pass. Word is Jack Morton is in chaos right now, they're just trying to keep the lights on.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't believe work has started on it, but yes, I can confirm a new set is on the way. From what I understand it will be a mashup of Atlanta & Orlando.

So the bosses at KRIV finally said doing news in a closet is not a viable option.

So the bosses at KRIV finally said doing news in a closet is not a viable option.

The studio they are in is far from being a closet. Outdated, no doubt about it, but the studio itself is rather large.

Are you sure you don't mean Atlanta & Tampa Bay (both Devlin jobs)?

I wasn't told who the designer is, just that it was incorporating elements of Atlanta & Orlando.

The studio they are in is far from being a closet. Outdated, no doubt about it, but the studio itself is rather large.

I wasn't told who the designer is, just that it was incorporating elements of Atlanta & Orlando.

I understand that. But I remember either it was you or someone else that said they wouldn't mind doing the news in a closet.

Okay, I see.

I understand that. But I remember either it was you or someone else that said they wouldn't mind doing the news in a closet.

I think that was a figure of speech in reference to their news director. It wasn't about the studio space at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived