Looking For Someone To Create A News Package For A High School TV Station

Newstudent

Hi, My Name is Ricky, I am a senior at a public high school in Pennsylvania. I have been building my school's TV station since I started it in my Freshman year. New Broadcasting has been my passion now for 6 years. Last year, we began broadcasting a 7-10 minute News Broadcast that is aired to all 1,300 students in our school. We used a generic news theme that I sped up. We got it from a catalog that our district had permission to use. It has never been the song I wanted to use. I have made some efforts to contact the composers of news themes (Such as the KUSA theme) that I both greatly admire, but are not in current use as far as I can tell, so we can use them. Sadly this had led me to brick walls where I have been told we cant use it due to licensing issues. We also have virtually no money as we don't really get funded and that the station has in large part relied on me to pay for equipment that I let people borrow. I actually came up with a melody for a news theme my freshman year of high school, it was a melody that I didn't see was used by anyone else. I tried to have some of the music people at my school turn the melody into a song. Sadly this was a miserable failure. Because of that I am looking here, to see if anyone would be willing to help us out in creating this news theme. If you would, we would greatly appreciate it.

Hi, My Name is Ricky, I am a senior at a public high school in Pennsylvania. I have been building my school's TV station since I started it in my Freshman year. New Broadcasting has been my passion now for 6 years. Last year, we began broadcasting a 7-10 minute News Broadcast that is aired to all 1,300 students in our school. We used a generic news theme that I sped up. We got it from a catalog that our district had permission to use. It has never been the song I wanted to use. I have made some efforts to contact the composers of news themes (Such as the KUSA theme) that I both greatly admire, but are not in current use as far as I can tell, so we can use them. Sadly this had led me to brick walls where I have been told we cant use it due to licensing issues. We also have virtually no money as we don't really get funded and that the station has in large part relied on me to pay for equipment that I let people borrow. I actually came up with a melody for a news theme my freshman year of high school, it was a melody that I didn't see was used by anyone else. I tried to have some of the music people at my school turn the melody into a song. Sadly this was a miserable failure. Because of that I am looking here, to see if anyone would be willing to help us out in creating this news theme. If you would, we would greatly appreciate it.

I was part of my tech school's TV program until June, when I graduated- I just took random themes from News Music Now, recorded them in Audacity, and used them for my intros (other people in the crew made their intros and our editor that week would randomly pick one) and when I was editing, closes. We never got in trouble for it- we only tended to get our video taken down or the audio blanked out when we used a popular song or something.

Have a contest for the creation of the music. You might be amazed at what your chums can come up with.

It would be original...maybe have elements of the school song, motto or colors or just plain dorky. Cross promote in the school paper/website and have a stupid prize...milk the thing over a few weeks or more....do the social media promos etc.

Just like the big kids.

Have fun with it while you learn the promo side of TV and the news side.

Shameless self promotion.

Good luck!

Archived