WBTS - Home of NBC Boston?

The Frog

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meet the Press has been exceptionally rough; a lot of glitching/signal loss. Not a very good first impression if you can't even transmit your own programs with stability.

Also, they added an NBC Boston bug in the top-right just in case people are absolutely positively sure they've finally found it.

Apparently, according to TV schedules, This is New England is airing at 9:30am. Its supposed to be on at 11:30am but have stupid Open House on instead. Hoping they fix that soon because that's what the original schedule looked like.

The studio cameras on NBC Boston are set up in a way that makes colors on set look duller, and the overall picture quality look not as sharp as it probably should be. I noticed the same thing the last time I watched KNSD in San Diego (this is probably some standard that NBC engineers have set up for NBC Boston, KNSD, and other stations...)

In comparison, the picture quality was much sharper and colors were brighter on WHDH.

Meet the Press has been exceptionally rough; a lot of glitching/signal loss. Not a very good first impression if you can't even transmit your own programs with stability.

Also, they added an NBC Boston bug in the top-right just in case people are absolutely positively sure they've finally found it.

"We're NBC on channel 10, just not THAT 'NBC10!'"

"We're NBC on channel 10, just not THAT 'NBC10!'"

Y'know... I've been wondering if, behind the scenes, Sinclair and WJAR haven't been kicking up some dust about that. They're the legacy NBC 10 in the region, after all. And with how tightly packed the Boston and Providence-New Bedford markets are, there's some significant overlap in northern Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts.

(Edited to fix my outdated recollection of who owns WJAR...)

I'm a bit surprised that corporate didn't force the Groove Worx music pack and the window monitor wall backdrop. From the little I've heard of the theme, doesn't sound too bad. Maybe they'll make it the groupwide music package...

Some set photos:

[MEDIA=twitter]815509203611713536[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]815508358119694336[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]815506291271626752[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]815505165247807488[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]815504897210798081[/MEDIA]

That studio looks TINY. They probably didn't do the "windows" thing behind the desk because there's just not enough room to do it.

Tried to watch their news at 6. Only one problem. They didn't post their live stream link!!

The hockey game was still going on at 6, that's probably why.

I'm watching WBTS now and it keeps blacking out for a few seconds... every 10 seconds. All of the other stations are fine. There are a LOT of technical issues that need to be fixed IMO.

I'm watching WBTS now and it keeps blacking out for a few seconds... every 10 seconds. All of the other stations are fine. There are a LOT of technical issues that need to be fixed IMO.

They should really take that "NBC Boston" bug off of the screen.

How are you getting the signal? And was this problem evident when they ran Countdown to NBC Boston and is it there constantly, when local or national? If it's national only it may make me thing the hub maybe having issues.

Here is their open at 10am this morning. Very well done for their first day. Nick and Melody are great anchors. And that music...that music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCGPL0nFjBI

This isn't Nick and Melody's first rodeo together. They were morning anchors together in Denver. They aren't the nicest people either.

So is 60.5 WBTS-LD a temporary station? So far the signal has been consistent just slightly disappointed that it is only 720p.

NRJ probably has the most 'it just works' transmission facilities possible, so they can't multiplex two HD signals rather easily unlike most major stations carrying 1080i CBS/NBC and something else in 720p. It's probably great broadcasting 9 public domain/catheter ad mill networks in 480i like WTBS-LD, but not for a network affiliate.

So is 60.5 WBTS-LD a temporary station? So far the signal has been consistent just slightly disappointed that it is only 720p.

NRJ's eventual sale of WMFP to Comcast-NBC to become the "new" WNEU 60 will be the worst kept secret ever.

Archived