Presidential Debate Moderators

mountainave

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/02/media/presidential-debate-moderators/

Lester Holt (NBC) will moderate the first on September 26.

Anderson Cooper (CNN) and Martha Raddatz (ABC) will co-moderate the second, in a town-hall style event, on October 9. I presume this one will be simulcasted on CNN and ABC.

Chris Wallace (Fox) will moderate the third and final on October 19.

Elaine Quijano (CBS) will moderate the Vice Presidential debate on October 4.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/02/media/presidential-debate-moderators/

Lester Holt (NBC) will moderate the first on September 26.

Anderson Cooper (CNN) and Martha Raddatz (ABC) will co-moderate the second, in a town-hall style event, on October 9. I presume this one will be simulcasted on CNN and ABC.

Chris Wallace (Fox) will moderate the third and final on October 19.

Elaine Quijano (CBS) will moderate the Vice Presidential debate on October 4.

The debates air on all networks.

• 3 weeks later...

Curious who mans the truck when producing the pool feed for the debate? I would think the moderators would like to hear a familiar voice/team in the ears cueing them.

More importantly will there be a new set this year or will we continue to use the same one (which seems to have been in use) since the turn of the century? Maybe invest in a new one and have it last 40 years.

Curious who mans the truck when producing the pool feed for the debate? I would think the moderators would like to hear a familiar voice/team in the ears cueing them.

More importantly will there be a new set this year or will we continue to use the same one (which seems to have been in use) since the turn of the century? Maybe invest in a new one and have it last 40 years.

The crew for events like this tend to just be random people who do it for a living (especially since the networks don't have full time crews any more, they're all "day hires".) The Commission for Presidential Debates is the producer of the event, and you can even look through the crew listings on IMDB for past debates and find, for example, a camera operator for the 3rd debate in 2012 has worked on everything from Today to ABC News to The Voice.

The crew for events like this tend to just be random people who do it for a living (especially since the networks don't have full time crews any more, they're all "day hires".) The Commission for Presidential Debates is the producer of the event, and you can even look through the crew listings on IMDB for past debates and find, for example, a camera operator for the 3rd debate in 2012 has worked on everything from Today to ABC News to The Voice.

Thanks. I figured it was made up of a mish mash but was wondering if Lester Holt's normal Nightly News director or EP would be in the truck working with him.

Pretty sure the only thing in Lester's IFB is gonna be times and vitals. Nothing more then is absolutely necessary. Lester is pretty much flying on his own as far as everyone is concerned.

As of this posting no questions have been submitted by Lester so expect Lester to go commando.

Pretty sure the only thing in Lester's IFB is gonna be times and vitals. Nothing more then is absolutely necessary. Lester is pretty much flying on his own as far as everyone is concerned.

As of this posting no questions have been submitted by Lester so expect Lester to go commando.

My understanding is the debate EP is it... and he's just relaying when to wrap up a segment...

Under the current debate format, the only thing the moderator hears is the director giving time cues on when to start and wrap up the debate. That's it.

Also, the network responsible for providing the pool feed isn't necessarily the moderator's network. For instance, ABC drew the responsibility of providing the pool feed of the first debate.

Under the current debate format, the only thing the moderator hears is the director giving time cues on when to start and wrap up the debate. That's it.

Also, the network responsible for providing the pool feed isn't necessarily the moderator's network. For instance, ABC drew the responsibility of providing the pool feed of the first debate.

Now did ABC provide the feed in 720p or 1080i?

Archived