The 11th Hour with Brian Williams

rkolsen

Looks like Brian Williams' show will debut after labor day at 11PM - it's dubbed the 11th Hour.

[MEDIA=twitter]771393954021507072[/MEDIA]

Tentatively it is scheduled to run through Election Day. I wouldn't be surprised if they continued it like they did with David Gregory's show which started as Race for the White House post election it became 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Despite some speculation it looks like the show will be an hour long based on the NBCUMV press release.

My TiVo's guide hasn't updated yet to show the changes but that Tuesday the 11PM slot is labeled MSNBC Live and takes up the repeat slots of All In. On Wednesday night All In reappears at 11PM and its normal reruns.

I wonder if he will do the shows on Fridays or if Maddow will continue to put her viewers in solitary by tossing to Lock Up at 10PM. Friday's at 10PM have been hit or miss the past few months - sometimes Lock Up airs, a rerun or live edition of Hardball, sometimes it's The Last Word and others it's MSNBC Live with Steve Kornacki (whose a great wonk) or Ari Melber.

The show will be EP'd by Patrick Burkey who was the EP during Brian's first tenure at MSNBC and then at NBC Nightly News.

I wonder if he will do the shows on Fridays or if Maddow will continue to put her viewers in solitary by tossing to Lock Up at 10PM. Friday's at 10PM have been hit or miss the past few months - sometimes Lock Up airs, a rerun or live edition of Hardball, sometimes it's The Last Word and others it's MSNBC Live with Steve Kornacki (whose a great wonk) or Ari Melber.

There's a reason why Friday nights have been hit-or-miss: MSNBC cancelled Lockup in late June and is slowly burning off the remaining episodes.

Found this old tweet that I posted from his SNL appearance. I'd maybe cross out be spontaneous but keep the rest.

[MEDIA=twitter]435686267758870528[/MEDIA]

Even after all that's happened in his career, that's still a damn funny episode, and the last before the infamous writers' strike.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Found this old tweet that I posted from his SNL appearance. I'd maybe cross out be spontaneous but keep the rest.

[MEDIA=twitter]435686267758870528[/MEDIA]

I remember that episode. One of the funniest I've seen as a kid. The sketch with his character not caring that he won a Publisher's Clearing House prize but got ecstatic when he got free cheesy bread with his Domino's Pizza, along with The OC parody (among others) had me dying.

The program is indeed 30 minutes long (there was confusion over how long the program would be). After that they play an abbreviated Hardball at 11:30, then go back to Maddow at midnight

It's an hour tomorrow (likely because of the C-I-C forum) and back to 30 mins. Thursday. I think it's safe to assume that the show's run time could be either 30 mins. or an hr. based largely on the day's events (Debate nights, breaking political news, etc...).

• 3 weeks later...
Apparently the ratings for the "11th Hour" really aren't doing that well.

It's likely a question of how quickly will MSNBC pull the plug and reinsert the Chris Hayes repeat at 11pm...

No no no,

You make Briwi drag his lazy butt into the studio, and read bedtime stories if you have to.

Make him work.

Archived