Attempt at Creating a News Package

AlNYTVRadio

Hey guys, I wanted to share the main cut of a fake news package I am working on with my brother so I can get some feedback on how it sounds and if it can actually work for broadcast! Heavily inspired by WSVN Chris Crane, PNP, EWN and the Enforcer, this is "Flare News". Enjoy!

Hey guys, I wanted to share the main cut of a fake news package I am working on with my brother so I can get some feedback on how it sounds and if it can actually work for broadcast! Heavily inspired by WSVN Chris Crane, PNP, EWN and the Enforcer, this is "Flare News". Enjoy!

That's actually not bad... Is there any way to get the voices above the music in the WLS clip? That way it sounds more normal... The WABC part of the clip you could start with their voices over the music and then fade the music up when they start talking. It's impressive for garage band...

That's actually not bad... Is there any way to get the voices above the music in the WLS clip? That way it sounds more normal... The WABC part of the clip you could start with their voices over the music and then fade the music up when they start talking. It's impressive for garage band...

Yeah, there is a way. I kept the music louder than usual so you could hear the theme more. But yeah, it is normal with a quieter theme track. Same with WABC.

Thanks so much for your input!!

Anything that could be added/changed in the theme to make it sound better? (Question to all)

At the beginning make it sound more like an open. The whole cut sounds like a bumper. During the close, get rid of the synthesizers. It sounds weird. Other than that very good. What would be cool is if you remade some actual news packages withe a different twist, like Strive or the NBC O&O Theme.

At the beginning make it sound more like an open. The whole cut sounds like a bumper. During the close, get rid of the synthesizers. It sounds weird. Other than that very good. What would be cool is if you remade some actual news packages withe a different twist, like Strive or the NBC O&O Theme.

Thank you for your input! I am not sure how to make the open sound more like an open...

I was teetering on the edge about those ending synthesizers, but yeah I have a version without those end synths.

The 360 NBC O&O Package was one of the first I wanted to recreate after making Flare, so if I have time, I might try it.

The open doesn't have a big finish that transitions into the vamp. That's what he meant.

I guess so, but it doesn't seem to sound that monotone to make it sound like a bumper. I'll look into a flashier finish to transition into the vamp.

With the direction I'm seeing of shorter news opens, I'd thing you'd want a basic "theme" in the 7-10 seconds long, with vamps leading in and out, but with the theme able to "stand on its own".

I see stations going 2 ways in their opens: up from black with the theme and opening gfx, and teases/headlines leading into the open, with some sort fade out after the pinnacle of the theme.

Hope this helps.

I don't currently work in TV News, but I played the part in college.

Jim

Yeah, there is a way. I kept the music louder than usual so you could hear the theme more. But yeah, it is normal with a quieter theme track. Same with WABC.

Thanks so much for your input!!

Anything that could be added/changed in the theme to make it sound better? (Question to all)

It has a nice sound, but it's not a news cut. It doesn't have a signature or a full open. It solely sounds like a vamp.

Archived