TVNewsTalk.net Server Updates - AUG 7 16

Hello, everyone!

There have been several software updates performed on the server that TVNewsTalk lives on. The biggest change involved with this is that TVNewsTalk is now served over SSL, meaning your connection to the site is now secured. The downfall of this change is that users accessing the site with Internet Explorer 6 or 8 on Windows XP will have trouble connecting. I expect that is a very, very small percentage of TVNT users.

If something seems amiss or you're having trouble doing something, please send me a message using the Private Message system or the contact form linked to in the footer.

-Weeters

Hello, everyone!

There have been several software updates performed on the server that TVNewsTalk lives on. The biggest change involved with this is that TVNewsTalk is now served over SSL,

If something seems amiss or you're having trouble doing something, please send me a message using the Private Message system or the contact form linked to in the footer.

-Weeters

Weeters,

Thanks for all your hard work in creating a nice place to collaborate, conspire, vent, or just hang out.

Thanks Again.

Enjoy the rest of summer....eat some news.

Hello, everyone!

There have been several software updates performed on the server that TVNewsTalk lives on. The biggest change involved with this is that TVNewsTalk is now served over SSL, meaning your connection to the site is now secured. The downfall of this change is that users accessing the site with Internet Explorer 6 or 8 on Windows XP will have trouble connecting. I expect that is a very, very small percentage of TVNT users.

-Weeters

Weeters great job on being the best you are!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, everyone!

-Weeters

You know what would make this site even better, why not add on forums for the other 6 top 10 markets?

I mean, it's been discussed, but I don't think anything was ever agreed upon. I think someone tossed out like making a general Texas section, or California, New England, etc. But then no one could decide on whether or not to dump the top market sections, and the idea just died.

I mean, it's been discussed, but I don't think anything was ever agreed upon. I think someone tossed out like making a general Texas section, or California, New England, etc. But then no one could decide on whether or not to dump the top market sections, and the idea just died.
I think there should be a new england section, a california section, and a texas section if not an individual section for all the top 10 markets and also the new york section should be encompassing all of new york not just nyc

At one point years ago I had plans to replace "General TV" with 5 or 6 regional boards that would have the existing market specific boards as subforums (New England would get New York, Southwest would get LA, etc)

I don't remember exactly why I didn't go through with it, but I think it had something to do about still needing a "general" board and fears this would just lead to more confusion about where to post things.

I'm still open to the idea if there's support for it.

At one point years ago I had plans to replace "General TV" with 5 or 6 regional boards that would have the existing market specific boards as subforums (New England would get New York, Southwest would get LA, etc)

I don't remember exactly why I didn't go through with it, but I think it had something to do about still needing a "general" board and fears this would just lead to more confusion about where to post things.

I'm still open to the idea if there's support for it.

I support it, as long as there's still a "General TV" board. What about the others?

Just FYI, New York isn't part of New England. :)

Just FYI, New York isn't part of New England. :)

Looking at my planning stuff from back then, it was supposed to be called the "Northeast" board. Actually they were to basically follow the US Census Bureau's regions.

It's unlikely the top 10 markets would get their own boards. IMO. there is barely enough discussion to warrant having a Los Angeles board, and that's market #2.

Looking at my planning stuff from back then, it was supposed to be called the "Northeast" board. Actually they were to basically follow the US Census Bureau's regions.

It's unlikely the top 10 markets would get their own boards. IMO. there is barely enough discussion to warrant having a Los Angeles board, and that's market #2.

But there's a lot of discussion on Boston and Miami that they both warrant their own forums.

How flattering! As a resident of the market, what makes you like it so much?

I just love New England... period! It's a region I've always wanted to live and I always see myself as a Bostonian or somewhere in New England, as long as I'm living in the region. I'll be happy. I just think Boston is amazing.

• 3 months later...

Archived