WRAL New graphics

MikePulse

Meanwhile in the triangle, King WRAL, ahead of the Rio Olympics, debuted brand new graphics - the first completely new package since 2007 (WPXI, eat your heart out) - along with an update to In-Sink. Still with the "Back Home Again" signature, but definitely fresh.

Apparently, they debuted them a few days ago.

Check WRAL.com for video - the noon broadcast is up.

Here's the 6pm open recorded from WILM's simulcast. Hopefully someone can upload a smoother HD version... my Elgato device doesn't like my cable box much.

I completely forgot they were simulcast on WILM/WILT and explains the lack of peacocks in their graphics. I'm slightly curious about Olympic highlights - are they blacked out in Wilmington or can they air on the newscasts with out the delay (don't non NBC stations have to wait like a day to show video)?

The open is way too wordy. But everything else looks (and sounds) good.

Agreed. Keep em short, simple, and to the point. Not too crazy that they really didn't change the font. That's another one that seems outdated, whatever it is. What font they should've switched to, that's up for debate if need be, but it's similar to WSB's and I dislike that one too...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived