NBC's Storm Rangers, Weather Expansions and NBCU Model

rkolsen

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’m most certainly confident, NBC cancelled the planned San Diego region Doppler, it has disappeared from most recent promos.

Do any of the San Diego stations own their own Doppler? I ask because when a station modifies their transmitter they have to take into consideration the neighboring country and interference. I’m not sure if that applies to radars but I assume it does.

I can confirm that the San Diego Doppler has disappeared in the most recent promo, promoting fire coverage. I will post a video/picture once I see it again. Apparently, YouTube TV blacks out your screenshots...

I guess Youtube didn’t want people to screenshot their stuff from their TV subscriptions. What a shame. Although other cable services probably have better offers. Needless to say, the Doppler should’ve been photographed for evidence.

I guess Youtube didn’t want people to screenshot their stuff from their TV subscriptions. What a shame. Although other cable services probably have better offers. Needless to say, the Doppler should’ve been photographed for evidence.

I have Spectrum, would’ve used their app but you can’t reverse within the app.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I can confirm that the San Diego Doppler has disappeared in the most recent promo, promoting fire coverage. I will post a video/picture once I see it again. Apparently, YouTube TV blacks out your screenshots...

Yes but it saves Audio when you record the screen :)

Either KXAS is getting another Doppler Radar “network” or NBC is adding some more buggies to their fleet.

[ATTACH=full]4845[/ATTACH]

They replied “Indeed” to my comment. I can’t find the license for new Rangers unless the company is referring to their Ford trucks with the marine radars.

NBC does not have the balls to send those things anywhere near danger. Knowing NBC they would send a MMJ up to SF where they would be carjacked and SB would be stripped by tweakers who would just end up living in it.

Surprisingly they put it really close to danger yesterday. It was set up only directly a few miles to the east of the Thomas Fire.

Not surprised. It’s a VERY big market. Extremely dangerous weather at some points in time.

I could see at some point NBC selling data to adjacent affiliates to offset the costs of these trucks.

• 2 weeks later...
WNJU got their own branded storm chasing vehicle called Busca Tormentas. I think this maybe the first Telemundo Owned station to have their own storm chasing truck not shared with NBC.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1206802932755272

Oh for crying out loud!

Don't you know this trick RKO?

I bet the cheap bastards have the "Storm Ranger" in English on the passenger side of the buggy.

"Always the skeptic" they tell me.

That's what they did with KFMB's "Chopper-8"...on the other side it's painted "760am" for the radio side of the operation. KFMB shot 2 versions of the latest commercial...one for TV...one for radio.

Feliz Navidad RKO.

Eat some crabcake...then eat some holiday news.

• 1 month later...

I couldn’t find any thing else yet besides their licenses for the two existing x-band radars, the storm buggy,. So I assume the other two are the NWS ones.

Also, a while back KXAS had an OTT promo for all their weather fleet. Well they updated the promo:

[MEDIA=vimeo]254369593[/MEDIA]

Texas Thunder Truck now has a sister Lightning:

[MEDIA=vimeo]254370196[/MEDIA]

• 3 weeks later...
Oh for crying out loud!

Don't you know this trick RKO?

I bet the cheap bastards have the "Storm Ranger" in English on the passenger side of the buggy.

"Always the skeptic" they tell me.

That's what they did with KFMB's "Chopper-8"...on the other side it's painted "760am" for the radio side of the operation. KFMB shot 2 versions of the latest commercial...one for TV...one for radio.

Feliz Navidad RKO.

Eat some crabcake...then eat some holiday news.

Looks like they made two with the same design. Raphael Miranda had an insta story of the WNBC one with a large peacock on the hood.

Archived