Sibila Vargas Leaving WNBC

cbs2idiots

WNBC dosen't seem to understand that local news if different than cable news in that trust and experience is a plus over how young and good looking someone is.... and that's not a knock on anyone it's just true, look at wabc... I like Natalie and think she's very good but at this point if they put her on at 11pm after only being there for less than a year she'll just be another Shiba. Let her focus on 4pm and don't set her up for failure, put Pat Battle on and call it a day.

WNBC dosen't seem to understand that local news if different than cable news in that trust and experience is a plus over how young and good looking someone is.... and that's not a knock on anyone it's just true, look at wabc... I like Natalie and think she's very good but at this point if they put her on at 11pm after only being there for less than a year she'll just be another Shiba. Let her focus on 4pm and don't set her up for failure, put Pat Battle on and call it a day.

Natalie makes X dollars per day.

Pat makes Z dollars per day.

If the mandate at WNBC is to save money, then the answer is X.

If the mandate at WNBC is to grow audience, trust and community goodwill then the answer should be Z.

However we don't know the current end game at WNBC is ...do we?

It don't believe it was Sibila's choice to leave.

What makes you say that? TV personalities have a life outside of TV and if she wants to support her husbands business venture then so be it. Remember she's only been 5 & 11 for almost 2 months now originally hired as noon & 6 pm anchor then swapped noon for 11 then did the first half of the 5 the 6 & 11 then her current 5 & 11 pm. And if it wasn't her decision to leave i don't think she would say "They were gracious in their attempts to keep me on as main anchor"

Talk is cheap. Now moving forward while highly unlikely the best thing WNBC can do is bring Sue Simmons on board for a year or so and then let Chuck and Sue retire together and put in another main anchor team.

Has anyone thought that Pat Battle may not want the job? She is very family oriented and may prefer being weekend anchor and NJ reporter allowing her to spend time with her kids and husband. If she did want it, I would think she would have been promoted years ago.

I'm not sold on bringing Sue Simmons back. She has been out of the business now for a few years, and, was prone to mispronounciations and mistakes. Of course her infamous swearing at Chuck live ("wtf are you doing?") doesn't help her cause. Although nostalgic of the glory days of Live at Five and N4NY at 11 in the 80s, WNBC needs to move forward. I wouldn't be surprised if they plucked someone out of MSNBC considering the limited bench strength at the moment.

Sue Simmons is not coming back. Period.

Has anyone thought that Pat Battle may not want the job? She is very family oriented and may prefer being weekend anchor and NJ reporter allowing her to spend time with her kids and husband. If she did want it, I would think she would have been promoted years ago.

I'm not sold on bringing Sue Simmons back. She has been out of the business now for a few years, and, was prone to mispronounciations and mistakes. Of course her infamous swearing at Chuck live ("wtf are you doing?") doesn't help her cause. Although nostalgic of the glory days of Live at Five and N4NY at 11 in the 80s, WNBC needs to move forward. I wouldn't be surprised if they plucked someone out of MSNBC considering the limited bench strength at the moment.

Frances Rivera comes to mind.

Now I know some will jump at me for what I'm about to say BUT if WNBC wants to build a following and develop a newer audience, and build a solid team and a following they would consider moving Chuck off the 11:00. I would be surprised if he retires in 2017.. Early 2018 at the latest. Why take the time to build up and promote a team with one likely to leave soon? Obviously find someone to fill the current void first, but consider promoting someone else, give Chuck and earlier slot and then make the changes from there. (My money is on Stefan Holt, even though I haven't watched much of him)

Now I know some will jump at me for what I'm about to say BUT if WNBC wants to build a following and develop a newer audience, and build a solid team and a following they would consider moving Chuck off the 11:00. I would be surprised if he retires in 2017.. Early 2018 at the latest. Why take the time to build up and promote a team with one likely to leave soon? Obviously find someone to fill the current void first, but consider promoting someone else, give Chuck and earlier slot and then make the changes from there. (My money is on Stefan Holt, even though I haven't watched much of him)

That crossed my mind, as well.

Let's face it. As great as Pat is (arguably one of the best), she's not getting the job. Unfortunately, these days TV execs look for beauty and body figure (I'm not saying Pat's ugly). If they pick from within, I could see Darlene getting 5&11, Natalie staying at 4&6, and Kerry getting mornings. They can promote Gus & Pat to weekend evenings and hire a whole new team for weekend mornings.

Let's face it. As great as Pat is (arguably one of the best), she's not getting the job. Unfortunately, these days TV execs look for beauty and body figure (I'm not saying Pat's ugly). If they pick from within, I could see Darlene getting 5&11, Natalie staying at 4&6, and Kerry getting mornings. They can promote Gus & Pat to weekend evenings and hire a whole new team for weekend mornings.

Maybe Pat didn't want to be promoted?

Interesting co-anchor pairings over the past few days:

Friday at Noon it was Michael and Darlene co-anchoring.

Saturday at 6pm and 11pm it was David and Natalie.

Sunday at 6pm and 11pm it was Stefan and Kerry.

Pairings of the future?

Interesting co-anchor pairings over the past few days:

Friday at Noon it was Michael and Darlene co-anchoring.

Saturday at 6pm and 11pm it was David and Natalie.

Sunday at 6pm and 11pm it was Stefan and Kerry.

Pairings of the future?

I wouldn't read too much into it. They are going to be very short staffed for a while and are going to have ppl anchor shows they normally wouldn't do.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be nice if Pat Battle got the gig, it even sounds like a logical choice. But not everybody really likes to be surrounded by the buzz, stardom, and fame, she may like where she is right now. I kinda like seeing her in the mornings anyway her personality and charm fits the Morning broadcasts rather than the evening ones... But thats my opinion haha.

According to twitter, tonight is Sibila's last night... Haven't heard of any replacement but interestingly enough Natalie is off and Pat Battle is filling in at 6pm... Not only do they need a replacement for Sibila but they still need a replacement on weekend evenings which has been open since beginning of August.

According to twitter, tonight is Sibila's last night... Haven't heard of any replacement but interestingly enough Natalie is off and Pat Battle is filling in at 6pm... Not only do they need a replacement for Sibila but they still need a replacement on weekend evenings which has been open since beginning of August.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Kerry Barrett has filled in most of the week for Natalie and has also been the most frequent sub at 4/5/6 when Natalie or Sibila are off.

Archived