Sibila Vargas Leaving WNBC

cbs2idiots

Either they will just put Natalie at 11pm while remaining at 4 and 6 or they will put someone new at 5 and 11... At this point Wnbc needs established faces to keep ratings at 11pm and I don't think Natalie is well known yet... I really really really think they should put Pat Battle on... But it's still hard to see that happen.

Or another thought that just popped into my mind... Have Chuck anchor solo!!!

no i think they will give the spot to Natalie but they would need to hire another anchor to cover her spot they cant have her doing the weekday 4pm 5pm 6pm 11pm and weekend 6 &11pm

no i think they will give the spot to Natalie but they would need to hire another anchor to cover her spot they cant have her doing the weekday 4pm 5pm 6pm 11pm and weekend 6 &11pm

Natalie no longer anchors on the weekends.

Natalie no longer anchors on the weekends.

Not officially. But she's anchored the past two Sundays at 6pm solo and at 11pm with Sibila. Rob's gone. Not to mention she also has been anchoring the noon solo on a few days. Stefan anchored two Saturdays ago solo (not sure who did this past Saturday).

Kerry Barrett's gotta figure into their plans somehow.

Not officially. But she's anchored the past two Sundays at 6pm solo and at 11pm with Sibila. Rob's gone. Not to mention she also has been anchoring the noon solo on a few days. Stefan anchored two Saturdays ago solo (not sure who did this past Saturday).

Kerry Barrett's gotta figure into their plans somehow.

She is filling in until a replacement is named but no she is no longer officially a weekend anchor.

WNBC need some anchor stability. Shiba, Rob, and now Sibila all gone in a matter of 3 months. They were all mainly primary anchors at the station. For whose replacing Sibila, I can see Darlene moving to evenings and Kerry taking over TINY.

No way they are taking Darlene off mornings... The reason I'm always saying how Pat Battle should be the one is because she's been at the station for 20 years, we know she's probably not going anywhere... She is very popular and well known in NY and can work with anyone... Nothing against Natalie Pasquarella (I think she's fine in her current role), but putting her on 11pm and investing so much in her so quick will not end well....i.e. Shiba, and now Sibila.

No way they are taking Darlene off mornings... The reason I'm always saying how Pat Battle should be the one is because she's been at the station for 20 years, we know she's probably not going anywhere... She is very popular and well known in NY and can work with anyone... Nothing against Natalie Pasquarella (I think she's fine in her current role), but putting her on 11pm and investing so much in her so quick will not end well....i.e. Shiba, and now Sibila.

Never say never. They very well could move Darlene into Sibila's spot and Pat to Darlene's spot. But I have a feeling they are gonna keep Pat on weekends and just hire a new face.

They have also used LInda Baquero on weekends, and I could see that happening again, which would allow her to still do her consumer work though on tape a couple of days a week rather than live. She too used to anchor at 6 12 years ago. I'm not sold on Kerry Barrett, she seems generic rather than DMA 1, but that is just my opinion and having lived in DMA 21 for a few years. I know they are adding another reporter but it also seems they are down a few reporters too (though Rosanne Colletti has been on the last couple of nights and hadn't seen her on in months). Could they also poach anyone from Channels 2 or 7? I'm sad to see Sibila go, she and Chuck are clicking now.

Wow, Sibila is a big loss. She really was the best match for Chuck after Sue, of course.

I don't think it's going to happen, but Pat should get the job. I highly doubt she would though, having been passed over all these years.

I am sad to see Sibila leave NBC 4! She was a great addition and co-anchor with Chuck. She will be missed from NBC 4. Like newsanchor26 said, would they bring back Sue? Funny how WNBC is self exploding after getting rid of Sue, but it would be amazing to see them paired together, one final time.

In my opinion Pat Battle would be the best replacement for Sibila. She is not a person of flash and glam, so management may be reluctant. The bottom line is that Pat is one of the most seasoned staff members the station has as she worked her way up through the system based on her credentials and skill. She has anchored the weekend news for 15+ years and reported for 25+ years. I remember watching her first few reports back in the 90's and she always stood out, however not in the way the "standard" personality does. Pat is a human being who has been through her own life health challenges and does not come across as a snob or insincere. I believe she is the best choice for stability, sincerity, and trust. Who would have thought Lester Holt would be where he is. The fact is, those who work hard and are kind do actually go places. Good luck, Pat. I hope if you desire this job, now that it will be open, that you get it. It is well deserved.

I agree with nynewsjunkie.. Since Sue left they've been through What? 2 people? For a station in the number 1market that is ridiculous. I think it's a toss up between Pat and Darlene with Pat being moved up either way.. (I don't think they'll mess with TDINY) but if they give it to Darlene then Pat should get the morning spot. Now the real question.. Does Pat want it? And will they mess with the whole evening line up? Meaning move Natalie to the 5 and 11 and give someone the 4 and 6? Or just fill Sibilas spot?

I agree with nynewsjunkie.. Since Sue left they've been through What? 2 people? For a station in the number 1market that is ridiculous. I think it's a toss up between Pat and Darlene with Pat being moved up either way.. (I don't think they'll mess with TDINY) but if they give it to Darlene then Pat should get the morning spot. Now the real question.. Does Pat want it? And will they mess with the whole evening line up? Meaning move Natalie to the 5 and 11 and give someone the 4 and 6? Or just fill Sibilas spot?

The more you two point out how great she is...the better chances she gets fired.

That's how this S%$# works.

jus sayin

I echo the sentiments regarding Pat Battle. I remember when she was reporting for WCBS-TV. Truly one of the best reporters and anchors in this market.

Should be promoted to Chuck's co-anchor. But is WNBC-TV smart? Hardly. Look at what they have done, beginning with the "content center" and "News 4 You".

Just a trainwreck.

Archived