WWE's Raw & Smackdown (Live) Get New Logos

Action Newsroom

After it's highly-publicized Brand Spilt earlier in the month, WWE announced earlier today that new logos for its Big 2 shows Raw and SmackDown will be implemented/used to reflect the "new era" of both shows.

These are the new logos...

cn_su75wyaapfqd.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780&strip=all

cn_sjw-vuaad7sv.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780&strip=all

I share in your mutual disgust.

I honestly think the SD logo is pretty good, but I could make a better Raw logo drunk. Whoever made this new Raw logo shouldn't have had a job, or at least shouldn't have one anymore.

I honestly don't understand why both shows have or needed completely new logos, when their last ones (especially Raw's) still looked great and serviceable years after they debuted.

Raw's is very obviously garbage, but it's baffling how the Exes looked at this and not laugh the designer out of the buliding.

And the Smackdown logo's complete revamp wasn't necessary, as the design of the last one has held up very well for years.

Oh well; we'll see how long these new representations of the new WWE Brand Split era lasts. Hopefully, not very long.

I like the Raw one. Maybe not the upside-down M as much but the tone and feel remind me of the first Raw logo from 1993. Smackdown, not so much. It's too angular and generic to me. Raw stands out more.

HulkieD and other wrestling fans might see similarities with the Smackdown logo and another promotion (its minus a hexagon). The RAW logo looks like they picked it straight up from the RAM brand of Dodge.

i like SD's logo much especially when it's LIVE now, even though that logo screams either 90s late night talk show or a WWE series in space. While I understand the simplicity of graphics these days, 'RAW' is too plain. I'll see how the on-air graphics will play out but even then, the now 'old' logos STILL hold up well after years.

Archived