the Scripps-ification thread

atlnews2

They are getting new ones toward the end of the year.

I always thought they were unoriginal for simply mimicking what CNN had at that time..Are they bad? No. But I feel that they overstayed their welcome.

Well I like them, one of Renderon's best group packages. I even like the blue and red variant that Cox-owned WJAX/WFOX got. I don't care for the previous Scripps Renderon look (the red and gold one) but I liked that music package from Musikvergnuegen better than Inergy.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m thinking WMAR flipped the Viz Switch. Certain elements such as the chrome separating the “cells” is shinier and the “glass” on the OTS seems clearer.

Old:

New:

I’m thinking WMAR flipped the Viz Switch. Certain elements such as the chrome separating the “cells” is shinier and the “glass” on the OTS seems clearer.

Old:

New:

The easiest way to tell one from the other regarding Viz is to look at the yellow tabs on the lower thirds... the new ones are much darker than the old ones... yes these are Viz graphics...

The easiest way to tell one from the other regarding Viz is to look at the yellow tabs on the lower thirds... the new ones are much darker than the old ones... yes these are Viz graphics...

Thanks. I knew it was the tabs but I thought it was how they animated.

Well I like them, one of Renderon's best group packages. I even like the blue and red variant that Cox-owned WJAX/WFOX got.

WJAX/WFOX aren't using the Scripps graphics - but they do share similarities.

The actual Scripps graphics, however, is apparently syndicated now as KNBN is using them.

http://www.newscenter1.tv/story/31013182/watch-previous-newscasts

• 4 weeks later...
Meanwhile at WEWS*:

[ATTACH=full]6118[/ATTACH]

*Only used during 5 On Your Side Investigator reports.

THOSE LOWER THIRDS ARE HUGE. When did they start using them? I wonder if it's a test run of a new.....nah.....I won't say it.

could be a good sign... i have seen numerous art departments start to get lazy with enforcing styles and rules when a new package is right around the corner... i doubt this is going to be it... unless scripps is doing worse than we think, and went in-house on the (alleged) new package...

As mentioned in very tiny text in the original post (why?) these are only graphics for the 5OYS Investigates franchise. Chill.

I just realized I follow yourself and dog after looking at your avatar.

I read 5OYS as Soys before I realized its 5 On Your Side.

Does anyone know if that one Journal station (can’t remember which) still uses the WMAR In Focus graphics.

Does anyone know if that one Journal station (can’t remember which) still uses the WMAR In Focus graphics.

WGBA was using them for "Wisconsin Tonight", which seems to have been canceled.

I must be the only one who still likes the Scripps graphics and thinks they are aging well. Love the modifications WMAR received.
They are getting new ones toward the end of the year.

This new weather graphic appeared on WCPO.

1667935534_ScreenShot2018-05-26at9_21_39PM.thumb.png.70f17fcb69f0ddc77670818f6895e4b5.png

Could this be part of the new graphics?

This new weather graphic appeared on WCPO.

[ATTACH=full]6119[/ATTACH]

Could this be part of the new graphics?

They're part of the new "The Now" weather graphics package.

WTMJ uses them in here:

Untitled-1.thumb.png.e573d458ac65f1375508393ee008e45a.png

oh you guys.... constantly pointing out parts of the existing graphics and thinking they are new...

when the time comes they do hint at a new package... everyone is going to be so tired seeing old stuff identified as new... that it will go unnoticed...

Obviously, I knew that the 5 On Your Side Investigators L3s were custom and based on the current package. The main problem I have is that the current Scripps package is long overdue for replacement. The only solace I have is that the package itself has aged surprisingly well, but I do understand that Scripps wants to give the package a few years on the Journal stations before replacing them group-wide.

Archived