the Scripps-ification thread

atlnews2

A company living on the edge doesn’t pony up for much capital investment. Scripps is trying to restructure so now is not a good time to go spend cash for a graphics package that’s not really needed yet. Let’s face it.... for a 6 year old package it’s aged quite well by and large...

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A company living on the edge doesn’t pony up for much capital investment. Scripps is trying to restructure so now is not a good time to go spend cash for a graphics package that’s not really needed yet. Let’s face it.... for a 6 year old package it’s aged quite well by and large...

But they are out and searching for a new package. I have confirmation on this.

Such dire and urgent graphics for a lifestyle show.

wisconsin tonight has always been odd... it was the same case in milwaukee at wtmj until they canceled it in favor of the now... it was touted as a news magazine when it launched and soon was chock full of segments about local restaurants and feel good segments and bands... there was debate at the station about why people had to pay to be on the morning blend when they could do the same thing in primetime for free...

• 2 weeks later...
I mind, Mike. It lacks skill or finesse. It's blunt and has a bland color scheme.

Are you really important or something? You worded that rather poorly... and I happen to mind.... seriously.. you’d think from your post that Mike was in a meeting with you and as the boss you were reprimanding the guy...

Are you really important or something? You worded that rather poorly... and I happen to mind.... seriously.. you’d think from your post that Mike was in a meeting with you and as the boss you were reprimanding the guy...

I understand why it could be construed that way and I apologize. I know Mike personally, so it was a comment to someone I know that maybe shouldn't have been so blunt.

The Olympics are over with no new Scripps graphics package.

Scripps must be waiting until prior to March Madness, May sweeps, or the NBA Finals. Or some other date Scripps chooses.

I doubt new graphics would debut any earlier than November this year.

You thought that was bad?? Watch this. I just found a recent open to their 11pm newscast... Yeah it gets worse.

The Open In this broadcast is not bad at all. Surely, a little color change could be needed but aside it’s fairly well.

• 2 weeks later...

This hasn’t been announced or anything fully but KJRH is having changes coming to the newscasts within the next couple of weeks they have all been sworn to keep it a secret but a monitor in the weather center had “Big announcement coming soon”

This hasn’t been announced or anything fully but KJRH is having changes coming to the newscasts within the next couple of weeks they have all been sworn to keep it a secret but a monitor in the weather center had “Big announcement coming soon”

I highly doubt they'd tease new graphics unless they were undergoing a total rebrand (new set, gfx, music, logo, etc). And if it's a big announcement I bet you they're adding a new newscast or some big-name personality will be joining the station.

I'll keep an eye on it since I don't live that far from Tulsa

Archived