the Scripps-ification thread

atlnews2

Obviously, I knew that the 5 On Your Side Investigators L3s were custom and based on the current package. The main problem I have is that the current Scripps package is long overdue for replacement. The only solace I have is that the package itself has aged surprisingly well, but I do understand that Scripps wants to give the package a few years on the Journal stations before replacing them group-wide.

Is there a proper interval of new graphics we weren’t aware of previously?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obviously, I knew that the 5 On Your Side Investigators L3s were custom and based on the current package. The main problem I have is that the current Scripps package is long overdue for replacement. The only solace I have is that the package itself has aged surprisingly well, but I do understand that Scripps wants to give the package a few years on the Journal stations before replacing them group-wide.

The only thing I would have done is removed the slightly dated rotating animation on the left-hand side and expanded the L3s to fill that area. Otherwise, why fix what ain't broke?

• 1 month later...
Looks like Scripps is changing the over the shoulder graphics

That's the "sports" variant of the OTS template. It's existed forever.

Someone sent me a copy of the style guide once so, just to prove it...

upload_2018-7-28_10-39-13.png.fd841b60cf1815fceee61287a9162294.png

[ATTACH=full]6248[/ATTACH]

Well all I know is KJRH hasn’t used it before prior to Friday Night the sports is always in front of monitors so they don’t use the graphic.

I always thought the sports OTS looked better than the regular one personally... the bright colors at the bottom are a nice touch...

• 3 weeks later...

How was you able to get a copy of the style guide?

• 1 year later...
On 10/11/2019 at 2:03 PM, 5OnYourSideMan said:

That 5 On Your Side Investigators chyron looks like it should be better suited for YouTube or something.

Yeah it’s a little small market... but before you criticize YouTube style graphics... the interwebz be the way of the future and with that comes internet quality graphics...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Yankees4life said:

Waiting patiently for WPIX to be Scrippsified

You're going to be waiting for a good minute.

For one thing, I would wait until the Nexstar option lapse. And no telling when a "possible" new graphics debut on the other stations.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, kcnewsjunky said:

I had a chance to see parts of the new package the other day. A very sharp contrast from where they are now. Flat with a little texture. Didn’t get too see wx graphics though. Should be a good package. 

???

Where did you see it? Which station?

43 minutes ago, kcnewsjunky said:

I had a chance to see parts of the new package the other day. A very sharp contrast from where they are now. Flat with a little texture. Didn’t get too see wx graphics though. Should be a good package. 

I did see KJRH using a different graphic for a couple of promos for stories they were going to air 

Heard new music on WTMJ this morning..could be related to above (or just Daybreak-centric), but it looks like other parts of the day still have Inergy, along with the 7-day cue. WGBA is sticking with Inergy full-time for now at least.

1 hour ago, kcnewsjunky said:

1 hour ago, Yankees4life said:

???

Where did you see it? Which station?

Judging by his username, KSHB.

Archived