the Scripps-ification thread

atlnews2

“As we worked on a fresh new logo for our organization, we also wanted to remember our history, the heritage of WMAR as a journalistic pioneer,” said Rob Brockmeyer, WMAR’s senior director of creative services.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
“As we worked on a fresh new logo for our organization, we also wanted to remember our history, the heritage of WMAR as a journalistic pioneer,” said Rob Brockmeyer, WMAR’s senior director of creative services.

It may be a journalistic pioneer, but without those ratings, they are far from it.

Haha I just did. Lmao. Didn't realize that. In other words, without the ratings, WMAR is no journalistic pioneer, WBAL is.

No that doesn’t make any sense either... ratings have nothing to do with being a pioneer or not... a pioneer is someone who does something early on or first... nobody said that entity or person was best at it...

No that doesn’t make any sense either... ratings have nothing to do with being a pioneer or not... a pioneer is someone who does something early on or first... nobody said that entity or person was best at it...

WEWS' tagline used to be "First in Ohio" since they were the first television station in Ohio. Now, they seem to be trying to outsuck WOIO these days. So take it for what it's worth.

WEWS' tagline used to be "First in Ohio" since they were the first television station in Ohio. Now, they seem to be trying to outsuck WOIO these days. So take it for what it's worth.

Ok.... now you totally lost me... they had a slogan that was true, dropped it and now you say they suck (not disputing that)... what’s your point?

Ok.... now you totally lost me... they had a slogan that was true, dropped it and now you say they suck (not disputing that)... what’s your point?

I don't think there's much of a point to be made. Scripps has really let things go and their on-air product in Cleveland (and from what I have read elsewhere) has suffered. The saying "how the mighty have fallen" applies to WEWS. For many years WEWS and WJW were very competitive and now there is no contest.

I don't think there's much of a point to be made. Scripps has really let things go and their on-air product in Cleveland (and from what I have read elsewhere) has suffered. The saying "how the mighty have fallen" applies to WEWS. For many years WEWS and WJW were very competitive and now there is no contest.

When you hear that there is only one sports person at WEWS now....

It may be a journalistic pioneer, but without those ratings, they are far from it.

They use the tag line pioneer in their morning “sign on” which airs before America This Morning. It’s because they were the first to sign on.

They use the tag line pioneer in their morning “sign on” which airs before America This Morning. It’s because they were the first to sign on.

Right... we established that... I was trying to figure out why ratings were brought into it...

I appreciate it actually.... I didn’t know anybody actually bothered to do these anymore... kind of charming In it’s own way... :)

They had a different one but I could never get it to upload right.

KMGH has been a mess since well before Scripps got it and they haven't helped much. There was a period of a couple years when the production values of their newscasts improved but they have since gone right back down the tubes.

I must be the only one who still likes the Scripps graphics and thinks they are aging well. Love the modifications WMAR received.

I must be the only one who still likes the Scripps graphics and thinks they are aging well. Love the modifications WMAR received.

I always thought they were unoriginal for simply mimicking what CNN had at that time..Are they bad? No. But I feel that they overstayed their welcome.

Archived