the Scripps-ification thread

atlnews2

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just saw this video. Looks like KNIN (operated by Scripps' KIVI) is now using the combined Scripps/former Raycom graphic package thast WFLX is using.

The graphics actually look pretty good. I'm a big fan of the open. The darker color scheme looks really nice. Lower thirds are meh and the virtual set is nothing to write home about.

Ooh, interesting. Do i see a preview of a new graphics package?

(sorry about the bad quality)

I've seen those topical lower thirds at other Scripps statons... In fact, I feel like when they debut, we had the same "Are these new graphics?" discussion.

So, probably not. Scripps has changed up the group topical package a few times since the current news graphics debut.

There is a typo in the open (and I'm placing all of the blame on the graphics hub for this)[ATTACH=full]5647[/ATTACH]

I hope that typo will be fixed soon (unless that happened already, of course).

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry to bump ... but is WMAR in Baltimore getting a new logo? This is from their YouTube page.

— Matt

In terms of design, it looks like they've gone back several years.

Quite a departure from the black and gold, helvetica 2.

Also... Sinclair much?

Sorry to bump ... but is WMAR in Baltimore getting a new logo? This is from their YouTube page.

— Matt

I already love this way more than the 1990s Fox station logo they've been using.

Take note WEWS...

You had a wonderful history with the "Circle 5"....

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/marketshare/2018/04/16/wmar-rebrands-to-focus-on-maryland-roots/

Awwwl they really fucked up when they brought that damn "lottery ball" as their logo...... Ugh!! #NeverForget

TVSpy said that WMAR's new logo will be launched today.

It's not awful. A modern take on an old logo, and I commend them for going back a few decades to one of their more retro looks (even though those super curved 2s are dangerously close to looking like a joined 92). That said, the placement of WMAR is award. It just floats up there. It would be improved 1000% if they placed it under the 2abc.

I always found it interesting that KPNX and WMAR shared a logo and KSHB and WFTS shared a branding. Maybe KPNX will upgrade next, who knows.

WMAR's image song is recycled from
. Not terrible, but could have been a bit better.

And I enjoy the logo; anything that decides to flip off the 'Helvetica and Gotham' trend is good with me.

Gotham is used for the callsign and slogan.

A lot of the local TV logos that have been brought out since the mid '90s pale in comparison to designs from the '60s, '70s and '80s, so it is good to see someone at least try to step back in a direction influenced by those more creative eras.

Archived