Gretchen Carlson Out at FOX News; Suing Roger Ailes

nynewslover

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll believe it when I see it, but Roger Ailes could be out before the week's through.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/murdochs-have-decided-to-remove-roger-ailes.html

I honestly don't think he'll be out by the end of the week, but I also don't think they'll wait until after the election. Something will likely happen soon

Weren't there tumors rumors that the Murdoch Trothers brothers looking to get rid of Ailes when one was named co chairman and the other CEO? I hate to say it but this seems like the perfect time to sack him unfortunately it was under these circumstances.

Damn autocorrect gone wild.

Weren't there tumors rumors that the Murdoch Trothers brothers looking to get rid of Ailes when one was named co chairman and the other CEO? I hate to say it but this seems like the perfect time to sack him unfortunately it was under these circumstances.

Damn autocorrect gone wild.

True. But I just said that because it's probably the biggest week the station has seen/ will see. Do they really wanna create even more craziness by firing the top man?

Many, many FNC personalities have voiced support for Roger Ailes as he faces this lawsuit - O'Reilly, Hannity, Cavuto, Greta, Harris Faulkner, Ainsley Earhardt, Martha Maccallum, Jeanine Pirro, etc. However, Megyn Kelly hasn't said anything... And if this is true, we now know why: she has reportedly told lawyers that Ailes sexually harassed her several years ago. "Sources" also say that Ailes has until August 1st to resign or be fired. We'll see...

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/sources-kelly-said-ailes-sexually-harassed-her.html

so if Roger is fired / forced out how many people in the news industry will celebrate his downfall ?

Downfall?

You mean his immediate availability to consult to the likes of CNN and MSNBC?

Oh you jest.

20001004-cohen-mw04-008-910.jpg.c087fb6eaf50d256b0a656f7792541d9.jpg What a hoot!

Cosby needs to pay attention to this.

Party at the Redstone house tonight...Donald Sterling is buying the booze...Heff is bringing the Golden Girls (or what's left) and Angie Dickinson.

Oldmen.jpg.30a83dc5b8d62f0227de15f5d21ccc5f.jpg

Bill O'Reily and Sean Hannity might leave FNC if Roger is forced out according to the Wrap

http://www.thewrap.com/bill-oreilly-sean-hannity-may-leave-fox-news-if-roger-ailes-departs/

If this even causes Roger, Bill, and Sean to all leave FNC then that's 3 awful birds killed with one stone.

Their contract gives them the option to leave, but they're all making pretty pay checks.. Will they really give that up?

Bill O'Reily and Sean Hannity might leave FNC if Roger is forced out according to the Wrap

http://www.thewrap.com/bill-oreilly-sean-hannity-may-leave-fox-news-if-roger-ailes-departs/

If this even causes Roger, Bill, and Sean to all leave FNC then that's 3 awful birds killed with one stone.

Wow! That would be HUGE if all three left.

Their contract gives them the option to leave, but they're all making pretty pay checks.. Will they really give that up?

BillO said not too long ago that he doesn't envision himself doing this forever and won't be around for too much longer. That probably means a few more years (maybe after the first term of whoever is president next). Who knows about Hannity. Either could make big bucks regardless of where they landed next.

If they leave, great.

If they'll stay-great.

I don't watch or care for or follow those twisted, airhorn-mouth nutcases anyway.

Whether or not anyone leaves I think depends largely on what happens in November. I can't see many having the energy to continue on if Clinton wins. My guess is that Bill Shine will take over (temporary) and try to maintain the cash cow that is FNC as best he can without causing too many waves.

I'm more interested in what happens with the Fox Television Station Group since Ailes was also in charge there as well. Do they let Abernathy run things or will the Murdoch brothers make changes across the board (Fox News Executive ranks).

This would be a good time to start a separate thread about the post-Ailes Fox News and Fox Business. Let this thread stay focused on the Carlson/Ailes stuff (including the lawsuit).

• 2 weeks later...
This is just sad.

Another former staffer said that she was sexually harassed by Ailes. But unlike the others, she actually went along with his advances.

This is by far the most graphic I've read relating to this.

There are a lot of very "driven" people looking for the fast life, and big break in that Go-GO world of TV Nooze. There is a whole slew of predators, groupies, hangers-on, sex monkeys, tweakers, dopers, sluts and other strange perverts.

I have been laughing my ass off for the past 2 weeks, as I see all of the recent News Director firings and sudden mysterious movements on TV Spy and FTVLive.

You can bet there will be more pay-outs while some people cash-in and ride the current "He made me touch his wee-wee" campaign..

They already sucked the life out of TV news...

Now they want to ruin the sex also???

What's next?

The Dope and Booze?

Archived