Gretchen Carlson Out at FOX News; Suing Roger Ailes

nynewslover

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could be a very big deal. There's obviously going to be a lot of he said/she said stuff, but Carlson's lawyers are saying that at least 10 other women have come forward to speak about Ailes' treatment. Ailes has issued a forceful statement citing her low ratings, and calling the lawsuit offensive and without merit. Meanwhile, 21st Century Fox has launched an internal investigation, which is... interesting.

Meanwhile, 21st Century Fox has launched an internal investigation, which is... interesting.

It's no secret that Rupert Murdoch's sons dislike Ailes, so I can imagine this being used as an excuse to sack him. It probably won't happen until after the election, but something tells me Roger's days at FOX are numbered.

Should'a kept it in your pants, Roger.

While I never expected to see Ailes as a man to love, like or even tolerate, this sexual assault suit really sheds a few new lights on him.

His really flawed concepts and ideas for broadcasting and reporting news has worked, but most of the people who report it really makes me question him the most.

Hot blonde white women? Check.

Short, tight dresses to the point of being their uniforms? Check.

Big, gaping desk showcasing their legs? DOUBLE CHECK.

It's like that Twilight Zone episode "Number Twelve Looks Just Like You"...but in real life and with less touch-ups.

And for years I've wondered why it's the same look of woman, and it always comes up to him. And now that the suit came up and she revealed she rebuffed, it really says a lot about all the other female personalities there too. If you wonder what Megyn Kelly, Martha MacCallum, Heather Nauert, Ainsley Earnhardt, Anna Cooiman, Jamie Colby, Greta Van Susteren (well, maybe not) and every other female who isn't blonde got there in the first place, you'll probably start thinking of ways to kick him in his little contract maker.

I never truly liked him, but after this news, I truly despise Roger Ailes.

I wonder what the "real story" is with Andrea Tantaros? She was one of the permenant hosts on OutNumbered and then suddenly disappeared.. I know there are a few rumors going around, but I wonder if she'll step up and speak about something similar?

While I never expected to see Ailes as a man to love, like or even tolerate, this sexual assault suit really sheds a few new lights on him.

His really flawed concepts and ideas for broadcasting and reporting news has worked, but most of the people who report it really makes me question him the most.

Hot blonde white women? Check.

Short, tight dresses to the point of being their uniforms? Check.

Big, gaping desk showcasing their legs? DOUBLE CHECK.

It's like that Twilight Zone episode "Number Twelve Looks Just Like You"...but in real life and with less touch-ups.

And for years I've wondered why it's the same look of woman, and it always comes up to him. And now that the suit came up and she revealed she rebuffed, it really says a lot about all the other female personalities there too. If you wonder what Megyn Kelly, Martha MacCallum, Heather Nauert, Ainsley Earnhardt, Anna Cooiman, Jamie Colby, Greta Van Susteren (well, maybe not) and every other female who isn't blonde got there in the first place, you'll probably start thinking of ways to kick him in his little contract maker.

I never truly liked him, but after this news, I truly despise Roger Ailes.

If you want a look into the world of Roger Ailes and Fox News I recommend you read "The Loudest Voice in the Room" by New York Magazine's Gabriel Sherman. This book infuriated Roger so much that he had someone else write a halography about him so that he would appear human and had everyone on Fox News payroll appear on air / publish tweets disparaging Sherman.

here's a excerpt of the book about the time Roger bought a small New York town Newspaper http://nymag.com/news/features/roger-ailes-loudest-voice-in-the-room/

If you want a look into the world of Roger Ailes and Fox News I recommend you read "The Loudest Voice in the Room" by New York Magazine's Gabriel Sherman.

Thanks, but yeah, I'd rather not, because I don't want my anger towards him to reach a point of getting an aneurysm.

I find it odd that she is not suing FNC, after all they have the deep pockets.

Why sue a guy that might die and never be able to fulfill a judgement?

Am I missing something?

Why not sue FOX?

I find it odd that she is not suing FNC, after all they have the deep pockets.

Why sue a guy that might die and never be able to fulfill a judgement?

Am I missing something?

Why not sue FOX?

As in the Fox corporation or Fox News itself? Seems odd to sue a whole company for sexual harassment/assault when it was one man in charge who did it.

As in the Fox corporation or Fox News itself? Seems odd to sue a whole company for sexual harassment/assault when it was one man in charge who did it.

Wow you must not know much about the law.

The man was an employee of Fox, and therefore represented the company. The harassment allegedly took place at the workplace. Fox has deeper pockets than Roger does. Why not sue them? In these circumstances the employer is also usually sued.

EDIT: Eatnews, I read she is suing Fox News.

The man was an employee of Fox, and therefore represented the company. The harassment allegedly took place at the workplace. Fox has deeper pockets than Roger does. Why not sue them? In these circumstances the employer is also usually sued.

I really hoped I was wrong here..but she is NOT suing FOX News.

Here is her complaint...FOX news is NOT listed as a respondent/defendant in any way.

That's just plain odd.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/07/06/business/media/document-Carlson-Complaint-Filed.html

Here is her complaint...FOX news is NOT listed as a respondent/defendant in any way.

That's just plain odd.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/07/06/business/media/document-Carlson-Complaint-Filed.html

Suing Ailes gives her the option to go back to News Corp some day and ask for her job back. "Oh, we're so sorry that happened, nobody liked Roger anyways. Here's your job back!"

Suing News Corp would guarantee she never works in this business again.

She's doing the opposite of what Wendy Bell is doing, basically.

Suing Ailes gives her the option to go back to News Corp some day and ask for her job back. "Oh, we're so sorry that happened, nobody liked Roger anyways. Here's your job back!"

You and I both know that no matter who she sues in this,,, that she is done.

And like you said earlier...it's just about the amount($$$) now.

I will agree that that's one hell of a tactic though.

What will be done with the 2pm hour? I'd put a weekday edition of America's Election HQ in that slot - anchors: Gregg Jarrett and Patti Ann Browne.

I would do this...Happening Now (11A-1P), Outnumbered (1P) and Shep Smith Reporting (2-4P).

I would do this...Happening Now (11A-1P), Outnumbered (1P) and Shep Smith Reporting (2-4P).

I agree Shepard Smith definetly needs another hour. Never understood why they split up Happening Now but I'm sure Outnumbered does really good at 12.. Not sure if pushing back an hour would affect ratings. And I know she fits the "stereotype" of FOX but I'd also like to see Heather Childers get more of a role in the after noon too

Coming from someone with an actual background in law I would like to speak..

It makes perfect tactical sense for her to be suing Roger Ailes and a few others and not the entire corporation. This gives off the impression that she's truly seeking justice from the wrong doers themselves and not trying to gut the entire company for the actions of a leader in one of the company's divisions. If she sued all of Fox it would be easy to suggest that she's trying to make bank, but because she's going after Ailes in particular for what he did it almost gives her some form of credibility because it comes off as someone seeking to right a wrong and not just receive a paycheck. I'm not saying that she will be successful but she goes in with more than a fighting chance.

That's just plain odd.

She very well may have been trying to avoid the arbitration clause of her contract, as reported by Variety.

She very well may have been trying to avoid the arbitration clause of her contract, as reported by Variety.

Yup...ok...

That's kinda starting to make sense......sorta....

In an ED Ansin sort of way.

But it does make sense.

Thanks for the link.

Archived