WNEP new graphics? Soon to be.

news89

As part of the remastering process, they're able to bring out different instruments, lower the volume of others, etc. Notice how the current open is also slightly faster than the "original"? It's not a remix, but rather a different set of cuts composed by Al Ham himself.

I feel like WNEP would be the perfect station to use the MCTYW "Cue" package by 615. Suitable, modern-day replacement.

Do you know where we can find a clip of this "cue" package?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...
I hope they never change that music. I know the Philly folks are going to hate this, but I like this better than the original MCTYW package.

WPXI's original version had more direct sampling of MCTYW and I wish so badly those would surface.

WPXI's original version had more direct sampling of MCTYW and I wish so badly those would surface.

I know! If you look at clips from back when WPXI used it, there is so much more to the package that WNEP isn’t using. I wish they would mix it up a little, as much as I love what they use now.

Many years ago, I picked up WPXI on antenna when they were using this package (probably about the time WNEP started using it in the mid 90s). I was hooked. It would be a few years later when I realized the ties to MCTYW and how that has endured for WPVI viewers.

I love this "talkback" segment. It's almost like they have "regulars" that call in, and WNEP keeps them coming back for more and more minutia that makes this segment the way it is.... It's a shame that USTVNow went down, because this station replacing WHTM (or TMZ27 as people refer to it here) was a great thing!

If you'll excuse me, ba-dum-bum, bum-bum, bum-dum-bum-bum bum...ba-ba-ba-bum-bum....dada-da-dada!

Many years ago, I picked up WPXI on antenna when they were using this package (probably about the time WNEP started using it in the mid 90s). I was hooked. It would be a few years later when I realized the ties to MCTYW and how that has endured for WPVI viewers.

I love this "talkback" segment. It's almost like they have "regulars" that call in, and WNEP keeps them coming back for more and more minutia that makes this segment the way it is.... It's a shame that USTVNow went down, because this station replacing WHTM (or TMZ27 as people refer to it here) was a great thing!

If you'll excuse me, ba-dum-bum, bum-bum, bum-dum-bum-bum bum...ba-ba-ba-bum-bum....dada-da-dada!

I love this segment as well. WNEP is a great station.

And yes, tmz27 has nothing on WNEP. Philly.com did a story a few days back highlighting the trouble they are in lately. I use the tmz27 name because sadly they deserve it. They have lost their focus. The evening crew recently challenged the morning crew for a LIP SINGING CHALLENGE. I nearly lost my mind.

But carry on WNEP. You are amazing.

— Matt

I love this segment as well. WNEP is a great station.

And yes, tmz27 has nothing on WNEP. Philly.com did a story a few days back highlighting the trouble they are in lately. I use the tmz27 name because sadly they deserve it. They have lost their focus. The evening crew recently challenged the morning crew for a LIP SINGING CHALLENGE. I nearly lost my mind.

But carry on WNEP. You are amazing.

— Matt

Maybe that's why WGAL still and has been #1 for years. I wouldn't be surprised if WPMT is #2 by now.

Yeah. Totally.

WGAL has always been the 500 lb gorilla here in the SusquValley. Always professional.

— Matt

Its why you like them. I would like them too if I lived there. I would give WPMT my #2 approval and screw WHP and WHTM.

Its why you like them. I would like them too if I lived there. I would give WPMT my #2 approval and screw WHP and WHTM.

Oh yeah. WHP is just a Russian asset for all I care.

All I want abc27 to do is the following things ...

1 - Bring back WHTM News Center branding.

2 - Bring back Rick Wagner and Chuck Rhodes.

3 - Fire Dennis Owens and Brett Thackera.

Then they might be back in my good graces.

Apologies for going off topic. Carry on.

— Matt

Wow - great segment - couldn't believe call ins still got callers. Nice way to showcase the most loyal viewers.

Archived