ClearChannel / IHM Debtor / Creditor Update

Eat News

I dare say that IHM are going to get the deal done eventually, but I really think they need to look at ways of making more money from international online distribution of their stations, Clear Channel and CBS Radio as well. With over 200 countries out there, there has to be a way to make more than enough money from international listening to cover the extra costs.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Yikes. I'm wondering how it got that low.

Have you listened to KGO, KNBR, WABC,KABC or any one of the cum-u-less stations lately?

Those fools destroyed some giant legacy radio stations....

Just like Sinclair, Nexstar and a few other chains are about to do in TV.

I feel like Disney basically sentenced the old ABC Radio stations to death...

Wasn't there someone better than Citadel?

Yes my son..........

(pulling up a rock next to the fire)

A long time ago...

In a land that was only black and white...

Ya see way back before Tinkerbell and Mickey arrived, there was a scrappy little network with jiggly women, the thrill of victory...and the agony of da-feet!

Roone kinda ran the place, and there was money being tossed around to do fun stuff.

It was TV and Radio ONLY!

And NO Girls were allowed!

Not a bunch of sissy fuu fuu shows and rides...no pc stuff...just kick-ass TV and radio stations.

Then Disney Bought ABC...

Blame the rodent.

• 5 weeks later...
Playing some game theory here. How likely is it that there will be some stations going off the air, even if it's only briefly?

You start taking stations off the air and you better have some real good answers for the FCC.

Yes...

Stations can go dark...but there are processes in doing so.

The FCC frowns on owners just shutting down...and what if your station is the primary EAS outlet?

• 8 months later...
And... iHeartMedia has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy after agreeing with debt holders.

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/167118/iheartmedia-files-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy-after-reaching-agreement-with-debtholders/

This was the long range plan all along...

Nobody ever believed they would pull off a successful sale from the second the deal was made years ago.

I wish this was a full blown Chapter 7...but think of the madness if the govt (US bankruptcy Court) dumped 900+ AM's and FM's on the open market at the same time.

Actually...it might me kinda funny.

PS: That $1000 per hour is nationwide and includes all of the IHM stations. Hardly anyone ever wins due to the structuring of the contest.

The FCC actually caps how many stations you can own in a certain market, but iHeart has been bending the rules for years with shells like the "Aloha Stations Trust". They really are like the Sinclair or Nexstar of radio.

The FCC actually caps how many stations you can own in a certain market, but iHeart has been bending the rules for years with shells like the "Aloha Stations Trust". They really are like the Sinclair or Nexstar of radio.

Those aren't shells. They're divestiture trusts that are required to eventually resell the stations to third parties. In fact, the Aloha Stations Trust recently sold one of its stations.

Archived