Michaela Pereira's New HLN Show

KevCor

So, Michaela Pereira's new HLN show, appropriately titled Michaela will debut on July 11 from 10am - 1pm ET (7am - 10a PT) on HLN, bumping the 10a-12p block of Morning Express and Daily Share at 12. CNN/HLN is billing it as "morning news with West Coast style"

Promo: http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/06/18/michaela-on-hln-trailer.cnn-creative-marketing

So, Michaela Pereira's new HLN show, appropriately titled Michaela will debut on July 11 from 10am - 1pm ET (7am - 10a PT) on HLN, bumping the 10a-12p block of Morning Express and Daily Share at 12. CNN/HLN is billing it as "morning news with West Coast style"

Promo: http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/06/18/michaela-on-hln-trailer.cnn-creative-marketing

West coast style???

So it's news served up on the ass of a Kardashian?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The tea about Michaela is that actually she got demoted instead of promoted. Moving from CNN main network to HLN is considered to be a demotion and one of the reasons was that apparently she was too big. I think that is a lie, maybe she was a prima donna behind the scenes. She was working with Chris Cumo who is the govenor's brother and maybe she said something to him and she was out the door. They specualte that her show won't last very long.

http://blindgossip.com/?p=79674

Now Erica Hill is coming back to HLN, after leaving MSNBC, I don't know she is on social media tries to act like it is a big deal for her being back at HLN thinking that she just landed an evening news gig. Maybe to her she is glad to have another job but considering the places she worked at, working for HLN is a demotion to irrelvancy, she is on Twitter tweeting like crazy thinking she has been promoted. Being promoted to host a show on a low rated cable network is not a good sign. Wait until six months when the ratings comes in and they will have to take her off the air. If they can't catch on to Robin Meade's ratings then they will be axed. They are already doing the clock now with Michaela's show.

I think Michaela's show will probably last a long time. I have watched it almost every day for the past two weeks, and I love it. It is a great show, Michaela has a wonderful personality, she is funny and refreshing to watch, and they have a bunch of guests that are doing positive things, etc. She always reminds us that the news isn't always negative. On the first and second day, all the comments on her Facebook page about the show were like "I love your show." "This show is amazing. I will watch it everyday." (I made up the quotes but the actual quotes were very similar to it.)

And, I LOVE the theme! Who made it? Is it production music?

Also, I've gotta say, Michaela has awesome hair!

That's my take on it. Thank you.

What's amazing is that HLN is even still around. Time-Warner has to be only keeping it around to hold on to its slot on cable systems.

I thought HLN was beating CNN in the mornings...and also in a key evening slot.

• 2 weeks later...
What's amazing is that HLN is even still around. Time-Warner has to be only keeping it around to hold on to its slot on cable systems.

Weren't they trying to peddle HLN to Vice News last year (before Vice ultimately took over History2)?

HLN's pitiful schedule includes 15 non-consecutive hours of Forensic Files... a show cancelled by CourtTV what, a decade ago? Good grief.

Weren't they trying to peddle HLN to Vice News last year (before Vice ultimately took over History2)?

HLN's pitiful schedule includes 15 non-consecutive hours of Forensic Files... a show cancelled by CourtTV what, a decade ago? Good grief.

The show ended in 2011, that channel is now (as of 2008) TruTV.

The show ended in 2011, that channel is now (as of 2008) TruTV.

Still, filling up the bulk of their broadcast day with a show that is no longer in production (and hasn't been for years) and was commissioned by a long-defunct network is pretty remarkable. G4's agonizing last two years of existence weren't that bad by comparison.

HLN hopes that by doing more news then people will pay attention to them. HLN is out of the radar they hired Michaela and Erica hoping that following to Robin Meade formula will work for them.

Honestly, they should just revert to the original news wheel format if they want people to notice. Otherwise they will cannibalize CNN's ratings, and that's been the case ever since they trotted out "Headline Prime" a decade ago.

Honestly, they should just revert to the original news wheel format if they want people to notice. Otherwise they will cannibalize CNN's ratings, and that's been the case ever since they trotted out "Headline Prime" a decade ago.

That is the goal, they want to revert back to original news.

Archived