KCBS/KCAL Weather Team

FiveNews

I live in Southern California, but rarely watch KCBS as their news team usually puts me to sleep. I do have a question about their weather team, though. I believe it is as follows...

KCBS Mornings/11am: Evelyn Taft

5/6/11pm: Jackie Johnson

KCAL Noon/4pm: Garth Kemp

8/9/10pm: Rich Fields

Weekend AM KCBS/KCAL- Louisa Hodge

Weekend PM KCBS/KCAL- Amber Lee

My question is...they have Josh Rubenstein as their "chief meterologist," but does he have a regular role on any show?? I know he is covering for Evelyn Taft while she is on maternity leave, but things will return to normal when she returns.

Got it! Thanks everyone. It never made sense to me that in the second largest market, the chief met is on in the middle of the day. I always thought Josh was weak and couldn't stand up to Dallas and Fritz.

• 2 weeks later...
Got it! Thanks everyone. It never made sense to me that in the second largest market, the chief met is on in the middle of the day. I always thought Josh was weak and couldn't stand up to Dallas and Fritz.

who is the chief at fox 11 ? if there is even one

I noticed that Markina Brown (formerly at WGCL in Atlanta) has filled in on weekend mornings for Louisa Hodge. I wonder if she's doing some freelancing.

On another note, I'm glad that Evelyn Taft is back, but I do miss seeing her with Rick and Sharon on the morning show. I'm still kind of shocked that they got rid of Rich Fields.

• 2 months later...
maybe garth is per diem like the traffic lady that is filling in for Stephanie?

Stephanie is back and Evelyn is now on KCAL9. Put Evelyn back on in the morning. Her chemistry is much better with that group than Garth's. Evelyn, Stephanie and Sharon are GREAT together.

• 1 year later...
I still miss Rich on The Price is Right, don't like George Gray.

My apologies for bumping this thread, but I’m in Agreement with TexasTVNews with regards to George Gray. In fact, I wish NBC had considered Fields as a nominee to replace the late Don Pardo on Saturday Night Live, but instead they’ve decided to hire Darrell Hammond, who IMO tries Too hard to be Don Pardo. Call me crazy, but am I the only person who Still misses Rich Fields Like Crazy?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived