Who's that VO?

10 minutes ago, hfiles said:

I want to say it's Peter Dean, who is credited as the voiceover for WEAU in Eau Claire.

It's not him. The way the WGBA voice actor opens his 'E' sounds, plus the slightly higher pitch, gives his a definitive Wisconsin vibe. I think he's a local boy.

On 9/1/2020 at 11:04 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

It's not him. The way the WGBA voice actor opens his 'E' sounds, plus the slightly higher pitch, gives his a definitive Wisconsin vibe. I think he's a local boy.

I re-listened a few times and agree it's not the same voiceover artist. I'm not sure if it's the microphones they use, but both voiceovers sound very... flat? Lacking a certain warmth in the quality? Does that make sense?

On 6/12/2016 at 8:15 PM, AJClementeFan69 said:

Wondering if anyone knows who this VO from WTEN is/was. Also heard in (then sister station) WTVO's opens of the early 90s.

I feel like I've heard the voice on other stations but I can't quite put a finger on who it might be.

Turns out the inspiration for this thread also did WILX and WSJV. So he's done those two in addition to WTEN, WKBT, WTVO, WFRV.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/25/2018 at 12:36 PM, Info Junkie said:

You can hear him in this VHS open compilation, at 1:51 (plenty more can be found on YouTube), unless it’s someone else.

Also yes, I now see the difference between this guy and Burton Richardson, the latter sounds a bit lower-pitched.

That is John Leader. Here is another trailer with him.

• 1 year later...